Build Your CV
1234 Kimberly Avenue,Los Angeles, CA 11111
E: firstname.lastname@example.org P: 555-123-4567
Skilled nurse with more than 10 years of experience in the field. Professional who has helped babies, children, and adults of all ages. Exceptional at making patients feel comfortable in my care. Reliable team player who has worked in a range of nursing environments, including hospitals and private practices. Excelled at managing a staff of other nurses in a high-paced emergency environment. Compassionate and understanding enough to work with a wide range of patients.
- Led a team of five other nurses in operating as a team of assistants for emergency room doctors by recording patient information, administering medication, and taking note of any side effects or changes in symptoms.
- Maintained accurate and detailed patient reports to provide to other nurses and doctors who would be working with a patient.
- Coordinated with a healthcare team to assess, implement, reevaluate and change patient care plans as necessary.
- Maintained a list of vital signs, symptoms, and allergies for each pediatric patient, reevaluating and editing it as necessary.
- Discussed diagnosis and treatment options in a positive and patient manner with the patient’s legal guardians.
- Assisted the physician with diagnostic testing procedures, analyzed results and administered treatment based on results.
- Cared for patients by administering medications, managing IV lines and providing emotional support for them and their families.
- Educated patients about nutritional plans and disease management for their medical conditions.
- Observed and recorded patients’ conditions and communicated observations to their doctors.
I spend much of my free time volunteering at a local support group for people who are trying to get prescription pain pill addiction under control. When I am not working or volunteering, I enjoy visiting the many museums and music venues in Los Angeles as well as spending afternoons at the beach. I enjoy dachshunds and own two of them that take up lots of my time.
Build Your CV
Nursing CV Must-Haves
What Does a Nurse Do?
Nurses are responsible for maintaining accurate and detailed records of patients’ health conditions and doctors’ prescribed courses of treatments. They interact closely with patients to determine symptoms, administer medication and deliver treatment news. Nurses monitor and record vital statistics as well as changes when the patient receives medication. They are responsible for communicating and coordinating with other members of the healthcare team to assess the patient’s condition, plan new treatments and implement those treatments. Nurses use strong social interaction skills to pick up on patients’ comfort levels and adjust their treatment accordingly. Learn how to include your most relevant skills in your CV with the help of our nursing CV example.
Tips for Creating a Great Nursing CV
Keep these tips in mind as you write your nursing CV:
– Your work experience helps potential employers to see how experienced you are, so highlight positions in which you took on increased responsibility for an employer.
– Avoid listing your high school or GPA information. Employers only need to know that you graduated with a nursing degree.
– Highlight the skills employers want most in your professional summary, especially those that are typically used in positions requiring more responsibility.
– Do not use your work email address when applying for new jobs unless it is within the same company. Create a private, professional-sounding email address.
– Do include any relevant organizations in your education section to go along with degrees and internships.
– Do not include information that is too personal, including religious or political beliefs.