Build Your CV
1895 Milo Drive, Asheville, NC 11111
E: sarahsmith@anymail P: 555-555-1234
Professional with years of experience coordinating hospital occupational therapy programs. Excels at monitoring patients and adapting therapy to meet changing needs. Experience working with patients of varying age ranges, with a specialization in pediatrics. Communicates effectively with caregivers so they understand how to work with a patient and ensure that developmental goals can be met.
- Develops detailed plans to rehabilitate pediatric patients with developmental disabilities.
- Leads an occupational therapy team in hospital therapy department.
- Trains new staff members on the best ways to work with patients.
- Implements creative solutions to help patients achieve progress.
- Writes booklets with guidelines caregivers can use to help patients at home.
- Assesses performance of other department therapists.
- Organized care for patients by developing rehabilitation plans, listening to patient concerns, and providing therapy.
- Reviewed medical records to ensure patients received necessary care.
- Collaborated with therapists to keep entire team aware of patients’ health requirements.
- Maintained complete medical records for all patients.
- Evaluated patients’ progress and determined treatment goals.
- Provided care for pediatric patients in a fast-paced hospital environment.
- Adjusted treatment plans to implement most successful strategies.
- Received recognition for achievements with patients.
I am extremely interested in making sure families have the support they need and organize a bimonthly support group for parents whose children are undergoing occupational therapy. I sing with a choral society and participate in several concerts each year. I am passionate about giving back to my community and volunteer at a local nonprofit for at-risk youth and help children improve their reading skills. I also work with my area homeless shelter twice a month to provide therapy for children.
Build Your CV
Occupational Therapy CV Must-Haves
What Does Occupational Therapy Do?
Occupational therapists are responsible for helping people regain the skills they need to manage in their everyday lives or in their jobs. They also work with people who have developmental delays. As an occupational therapist, you plan and implement rehabilitation strategies for patients and evaluate their progress. Additionally, you work with patients’ families to help them understand how they can assist the patient at home so all rehabilitation goals can be met. Because this position involves both hands-on work with patients and administrative duties, it is important to make sure your occupational therapy CV demonstrates your capability in both areas. The occupational therapy CV example can help you understand what to include.
Tips for Creating a Great Occupational Therapy CV
As you write your occupational therapy CV, use these tips to create a strong draft:
– Include your interests, especially those you think make you unique. These can show potential employers who you are outside of work and help them to picture you as a potential colleague.
– Make sure your contact information demonstrates your professionalism. Consider setting up a new email address specifically for work if necessary.
– Include your professional honors. This includes your memberships, conference presentations, and any awards you may have received.
– Instead of including an objective statement, use your professional summary to demonstrate your capability and experience. Remember that this section is your “hook,” so include the skills you think make you a valuable asset, such as your communication and listening skills.
– If you have worked primarily in one sector, make this clear by including the information beneath your previous employers.
– Demonstrate your achievements by highlighting projects you have led. Additionally, use metrics if possible to illustrate how you have helped patients and their families.