Build Your CV
25 Poplar Street Unit A, Menominee, WI 11111
E: rjohnson@anymail P: 555-921-8594
A spirit-filled believer in the salvation of Jesus Christ who pursues an ongoing relationship with God, with several years of experience in church ministry. Experienced in both campus and youth ministry, with a love for all of God’s children. Capable and experienced in staff and volunteer management, and passionate about church outreach.
- Preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ through weekly worship and Bible study, and equip and motivate the congregation to reach out with the Good News to all in the community.
- Reach out with pastoral care to the whole church community, especially those who are sick, homebound, or in crisis.
- Provide oversight of church administration, working with the church council and administrative staff to further the mission of the church.
- Plan and lead worship services, including integration of the music and youth programs.
- Clearly communicate about the events of the church verbally and in writing.
- Lead specialized church services, such as wedding ceremonies, baptisms, and funeral services.
- Managed targeted ministries for elementary-aged school children, teens, and college-aged young adults, including fellowship, Bible study, ministry, and mission outreach.
- Recruited, trained, and supported volunteers to assist in the implementation of all youth ministries.
- Integrated youth, specifically teens and college-aged young people, into the ongoing ministries of the church.
- Provided encouragement and spiritual counseling to youth.
- Engaged with parents of youth with timely communication about youth ministry outreach.
- Emphasized the spiritual growth of college students in the campuses surrounding the congregation.
- Provided leadership for all college-age church programming in the parish, including special events and weekly Bible study and worship meetings.
- Led church volunteers in roles that supported the college ministry of the congregation.
- Planned and presented on-campus mid-week Bible studies.
- Held regular weekly office hours at each campus in the congregation’s area.
Outside of work, I am engaged in various social justice issues, focusing on grassroots organization to impact lives in a positive way at the local level. I enjoy taking walks with my two dogs, and I volunteer at the local animal shelter to take the shelter dogs on walks as well.
Build Your CV
Pastor CV Must-Haves
What Does a Pastor Do?
A pastor is a spiritual shepherd or leader of a church community. The duties of a pastor are varied and include the preparation and presentation of sermons, counseling of church members and others in need, and teaching Bible classes to all ages. In addition, a pastor occasionally performs special ceremonies, such as weddings, funerals, and baptisms. Not a typical nine to five job, being a pastor requires committing to a variety of activities that may have your schedule changing almost weekly. Crisis situations may come up that require you to care and counsel parishioners, and congregational meetings often happen in the evenings when the majority of church members are available. The pastor CV example shows you how to format information about your skills and care so it is clear and easily readable.
Tips for Creating a Great Pastor CV
Here are some additional tips for your CV to be engaging and compelling to a call committee:
– With the level of commitment being a pastor requires, it is important that your commitment to service is communicated in your CV.
– Make sure not to list political viewpoints in your hobbies and interests that could be viewed as controversial to a hiring committee.
– Assure a prospective congregation that you are capable of staff and volunteer management by listing any experiences in the work experience portion of your CV.
– Spellcheck your CV document and read through it at least three times before sending it off with your application.