Build Your CV
2049 Columbus Avenue, Columbus, OH 99999
E: firstname.lastname@example.org P: 999-999-2949
Qualified performance tester with more than 10 years of experience in the field. Extremely observant and detail-oriented. Highly organized with the ability to keep accurate records and manage time wisely. Comfortable working alone or as a group. Strong leadership skills are an asset to any company and quality assurance department.
- Test company products for quality and interpret results to ensure products adhere to specifications, standards, and applicable codes.
- Create accurate and detailed reports of any problems found in products, and present them to the proper department for correction.
- Supervise a team of quality checkers to ensure they follow the required methods and report defects in a timely manner.
- Established a performance test strategy, created documentation, and communicated results to the proper departments.
- Used various technologies to complete work, including application delivery controllers, front end presentation servers, and web-based applications.
- Analyzed data for defects or potential problems and used problem-solving skills to come up with solutions.
- Defined and executed performance load tests and integrated them with automated test systems.
- Analyzed performance problems and presented findings to department heads along with any potential solutions.
- Supervised other performance testers during the creation, preparation, and administration of quality assurance reviews.
In my free time, I teach underprivileged adults how to use computers to search for jobs and find other community resources. I also enjoy playing old video games, writing music and lyrics, and going to the movies. My partner and I are considering opening a bakery.
Build Your CV
Performance Testing CV Must-Haves
What Does Performance Testing Do?
A performance tester is responsible for creating and administering tests to determine the quality of a company’s products. After testing the products, performance testers then provide documentation to the proper department heads that detail any problems found and what solutions are available to fix the issues and ensure products are following company, local, state, and federal guidelines. Performance testers must have excellent vision and be extremely detail-oriented. They are highly organized and able to communicate with others but also comfortable working alone. Because the job entails much responsibility, a strong CV such as the above professional performance testing CV example is necessary to secure a position in the field.
Tips for Creating a Great Performance Testing CV
Once you have created a CV based on the example, implement these tips and tricks:
– Do write a professional summary that details your relevant accomplishments, skills, and personality traits. This “hook” is what entices hiring managers to continue reading.
– Do not use phrases such as “responsible for.” Instead, begin bullet points in the work experience section with strong action words.
– Do use quantitative information whenever possible to show how you have improved a company by saving it money or improving products.
– Do not get too personal in your CV. Avoid talking about such controversial topics as your sexuality, religious beliefs, or political preferences.
– Do remember to proofread your CV thoroughly, including reading it out loud. Doing so prevents typos or spelling and grammar mistakes that will make you seem unprofessional and prevent hiring managers from contacting you.
– Do not include irrelevant information such as your GPA, high school information, or organizations you are part of that don’t relate to your field.
– Do use bullet points to ensure your CV is easy to skim.