Build Your CV
256 Grace St. Littleton , CO 22222,E: Catalma@anymail.com
Highly competent personal assistant with nine years of experience working with high-level executives in a variety of industries and business sectors. Familiar with several administrative and clerical duties common to the modern-day office. Skilled writing and editing abilities that allow for efficient and well-written correspondence and documents for professional as well as personal matters. Eager for a role that allows me to expand my bookkeeping comprehension and abilities.
- Provide administrative and clerical support for company’s leading executive on a daily basis, sometimes on weekends and holidays as well.
- Look over incoming documents to determine level of importance, conduct research when necessary, and prepare reports.
- Manage and supervise clerical staff on occasion when office manager is unavailable.
- Create new computer filing and retrieval system that saves staff five percent of their workday on a daily basis.
- Answered phones, directed callers to proper parties, greeted office visitors, signed for packages, and handled basic administrative tasks.
- Scheduled appointments and ensured event calendar was always updated and accurate.
- Put together monthly staff meetings.
- Proofread, edited, and drafted documents.
- Ensured hardcopy and electronic databases and filing systems remained current and adhered to the latest office requirements.
- Performed simple bookkeeping and filing tasks.
- Created new financial recordkeeping system that shaved off 15 percent of company spending.
When not working, I like writing articles on healthy financial habits, which I post on my personal blog. I also enjoy skiing and snowboarding in the mountains during the winter season. When I have time, I like attending independent film festivals and discussing productions with fellow attendees and speaking with writers, directors, and actors.
Build Your CV
Personal Assistant CV Must-Haves
What Does a Personal Assistant Do?
The job of personal assistant is much like that of an executive assistant, but the person works for a single individual. Much like administrative assistants, personal assistants read and respond to emails, answer phone calls, draft correspondences, and schedule meetings. The job might also involve bookkeeping tasks, and personal assistants might also have to act as a proxy for their boss if she or he is unable to attend a meeting. Depending on the job and the assistant’s overall level of experience, she or he might be in charge of training new staff members and managing them once they are hired and have completed training. Take a close look at the personal assistant CV example above for a solid idea of the information you will want to include in your own document.
Tips for Creating a Great Personal Assistant CV
Keep the following tips in mind as you’re creating your CV to truly make it stand out in a hiring manager’s eyes:
– Do remember that an entry-level CV should be no more than one page. A CV for a professional-level CV can be as many as two pages, and those at the executive-level can be as many as three pages.
– Don’t feel you have to share your full home address in your CV; it’s okay to only list your city, state, and zip code.
– Do take advantage of the hobbies and interests page in your CV. It gives hiring managers and employers a chance to see what you’re like off the clock and provides them a glimpse of your personality before meeting with you.
– Don’t forget to give your CV a thorough read through before submitting it. Have someone you trust proofread it to ensure it’s free of simple grammatical mistakes.
– Do bear in mind that you want to use present tense when listing duties in your current position and past tense for past positions.