Build Your CV
2038 Christine Blvd., Columbus, OH 33333
E: email@example.com P: 555-555-2944
Qualified photography assistant who has been in the business for nearly 10 years. Passionate artist with experience with a wide range of camera types and brands as well as with a variety of equipment, accessories, and photo-editing software. Highly organized and willing to go the extra mile to ensure a photographer’s shoot is as beautiful as the client hoped it would be.
- Prepare sets, ensuring that lighting and accessories are set up correctly and that equipment is in proper working order.
- Upload and download image files from the photographer’s equipment to the proper storage device for transportation to and from printing laboratories.
- Catalog digital files and prepare them for optimization by the photographer.
- Manipulated and enhanced photographs to remove discrepancies in lighting and improve overall appearance of the image.
- Recorded information regarding the best lighting setups, exposures, and film stocks for specific shoot locations.
- Maintained names and details of collaborators such as models, stylists, art directors, and other contributors.
- Hosted adult clients by providing snacks and drinks and performing light touchups on hair, makeup, and wardrobe when needed.
- Assisted with babies and child models by creating a fun environment with games, toys, and nutritious snacks.
- Scouted shooting locations to determine which time of day had the best lighting, how the location could be accessed, and whether permits were necessary to shoot in the area.
I enjoy spending my weekends taking pictures of the local scenery or people watching in the downtown area. I also enjoy training for and running marathons, boating, and traveling abroad whenever possible. I have one dachshund who is the love of my life.
Build Your CV
Photography Assistant CV Must-Haves
What Does a Photography Assistant Do?
A photography assistant is responsible for assisting the photographer before, during, and after photoshoots. Work typically beings by scouting locations to ensure vehicle and power access, and to secure any permits necessary. On the day of a shoot, photography assistants are responsible for entertaining models, including baby or child models, setting up lighting, cameras, monitors, and other equipment, and providing general assistance to the photographer and other collaborators as needed. After a shoot, the assistant typically transports photos to the printer or provides photo manipulation services to enhance lighting and fix other technical issues. Photography assistants must be excellent communicators and socially perceptive in order to fulfill the needs of a photographer and work closely with models, stylists, and other collaborators from all walks of life. They should be highly organized, pay attention to detail, and have excellent time management skills, as emphasized in the attached photography assistant CV example.
Tips for Creating a Great Photography Assistant CV
When writing your CV, follow these tips and tricks to create the best one possible:
– Your professional summary is what will draw an employer in. Use a paragraph format to highlight exactly which of your skills and accomplishments make you right for the job. Remember, you don’t need to use complete sentences in this section.
– Avoid mentioning why you left a previous employer. You can answer this question if it comes up in an interview, but remember to do so professionally.
– Be sure to mention exactly which types of cameras, equipment, and photo editing software you are proficient in. Doing so makes it easier to see if your skills and style match a photographer’s.
– Do not use paragraph format when listing your duties and responsibilities. Include between three and five bullet points for each experience listing.
– Include any relevant organizations or extracurricular activities you are part of now or were part of during college.