If you want to get picked for job interviews and move your job search process along more quickly, you need to have an impressive CV. Creating a CV that gets your next employer’s attention is a manageable task if you have the right tools. Here, you’ll find a complete physician CV example that guides you through the formatting and construction of this essential document. Take a look at these helpful tips and get clearer ideas about what to write for your own CV or job application.
Build My CV
803 Friday Drive, Jupiter, FL 11111
E: email@example.com T: 555-448-9032
Registered nurse with strong experience in delivering quality care to patients. Professional with more than eight years of practice in emergency room care, triage, and post-surgical recovery. Strong knowledge of medicine, pharmacology, and standards of care in the hospital or private practice setting. Caring and reliable person with a reputation for building a great rapport between medical providers and patients. Committed to making patients more informed and comfortable during their care.
- Treat and care for patients after major surgical procedures by monitoring vital signs, administering medication, and cleaning surgical areas.
- Collaborate with physicians, case managers, families, and other staff members when developing a plan for care and treatment during the hospital stay.
- Work as a supervisor for the unit and floor, and help train new nursing students who are completing their internship duties.
- Noted patient physical condition, vital signs, daily routine, and medication schedule in the urgent care department during serious illnesses or injuries.
- Responded to emergency situations where patients are in life-threatening conditions by following the correct procedure and maintaining a calm and effective demeanor.
- Recognized by fellow staff as the employee of the month for several months due to strong commitment to service and quality care.
- Recorded information about patients as they recovered from illness in the hospital, such as diet, physical activity, milestones, and more.
- Followed a treatment plan and medication schedule ordered by the doctor, and assessed patient pain levels during the hospital stay.
- Led an initiative with the hospital to improve patient, family, and medical staff communication by conducting community workshops to facilitate suggestions.
During my days off, I enjoy cooking and baking. I have entered several amateur baking contests that focus on making exotic cakes or cupcakes. I was a contestant on a top baking competition show on the Food Network channel, called Cupcake Wars. Most of the time, I bake cakes and treats for my friends or family or special occasions.
Build My CV
Registered Nurse CV Must-Haves
What Does a Registered Nurse Do?
Registered nurses are some of the most dedicated individuals working in the healthcare field. This position can be located in a hospital setting, a healthcare facility, a medical office, or private home care. Generally, registered nurses work to support the care of a physician. They use written orders from the doctor to continue a high level of care for a patient, as demonstrated in the registered nurse CV example. They may assist with medication administering, wound care cleaning, vital sign checking, and patient counseling. Patients tend to have the most interaction with registered nurses during a hospital stay or when receiving home healthcare services, so registered nurses also communicate with their clients regularly.
Tips for Creating a Great Registered Nurse CV
A career in nursing can be highly rewarding. Here are some ways to get your CV to reflect your passion and talent in this line of work:
-Give details about some of the specific settings you have worked in as a registered nurse to help the employer see how you could fit into their organization.
-Highlight additional talents with patient interaction, and demonstrate your compassion and patience as a healthcare provider.
-List any other accomplishments you have achieved as a registered nurse to show how your work stands alone as exceptional.
-Position yourself as unique with specific details about how you have helped your past workplaces.
-Avoid including any details about your personal life, political leanings, or other unnecessary information to make your CV more professional.