Build Your CV
9943 Westhaven Drive, Royal Oak, MD 11111
E: email@example.com T: 555-893-0001
Skilled physician with 12 years of exemplary service in the medical field. Committed to providing excellent care and service to patients, listening to each individual’s concerns, and treating for whole body wellness. Experience in a variety of healthcare settings and with many different patient age ranges, from pediatric to geriatric. Determined team player who is able to collaborate with other medical staff to devise effective treatment solutions. Dedicated professional striving to maintain the high standards of the field.
- Develop treatment plans for patients with chronic conditions including high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, and other problems with internal systems.
- Provide care, treatment, and advice for acute health conditions for patients in the family practice setting including infections, injuries, and illnesses.
- Lead a team of five resident physicians in the internal medicine department and counsel new staff on procedures and best practices.
- Treated illnesses in a family clinic setting by administering prescription medicines, recommending specialized care, or providing therapy.
- Reviewed medical records and charts of each patient before and during a visit to understand health history, record actions, and maintain accurate information.
- Achieved top patient satisfaction scores on post visit surveys, including 98% being highly satisfied with their medical care and advice.
- Diagnosed specific medical conditions based on observation, physical examination, wellness history, and patient concerns.
- Recognized by the hospital of employment as one of the top new residents in the program with high marks from colleagues and patients.
- Collaborated with attending physicians and other residents when delivering top-quality medical care in a fast-paced emergency room department in a hospital.
I run several marathons each year and spend my days off and down time working to increase my physical endurance and speed. I am involved in several community charities throughout my state. I support my area’s local homeless shelter by providing free physician services once a month.
Build Your CV
Physician CV Must-Haves
What Does a Physician Do?
In the medical field, physicians hold one of the key roles in helping people stay healthy. Physicians work in various settings, including small private practice offices and large health centers. The general physician is also known as an internist or a doctor of internal medicine. Each day, physicians see a variety of patients in office visits for routine medical exams, treatment of illnesses, or emergency situations. Physicians may also work in tandem with a dedicated medical staff of nurses, assistants, and other specialists. They perform physical examinations, investigate symptoms, discuss health history, prescribe treatment, and provide advice to their patients. In the physician CV example, you can get a taste of some of the most common duties and skills you need to highlight.
Tips for Creating a Great Physician CV
Now that you have a few ideas about what the format looks like and what to write for your physician CV, it’s best to get started. Here are a few more things you shouldn’t forget when putting your CV together:
– Have your CV rise to the top of the pile by making sure your word choice is purposeful and your document is free from embarrassing errors.
– Make your professional summary shine at the top of your document with concise details about why you are the perfect person to hire.
– Go beyond the basics of your job responsibilities as a physician; indicate how you care for patients in your work history section.
– Don’t forget to include metrics for anything that is measurable, such as providing free medical care to the homeless shelter once per month.
– Give employers a sense of your other positive attributes with relevant hobbies listed at the end of your CV.