Build Your CV
124 East Victory Boulevard , Atlanta, GA 11111
E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 555-675-6755
Skilled piping designer with extensive experience working with both 2D and 3D models of new piping systems. Ability to utilize a variety of surveying interfaces to best serve the needs of the client. Excel at providing reliable quotes to clients, and final price always came within $100 of initial estimate. High proficiency in testing new pipe systems before a project would be considered complete.
- Retrofit new pipe systems into an existing structure so that minimal changes need to be made to the underlying structure.
- Conduct field surveys to determine if a plot of land could sustain a comprehensive new system.
- Present models to clients using AutoCAD 2D/3D, and make necessary changes until client is completely satisfied.
- Collaborate with other departments in organization to determine final cost of all components and provide clients with reliable estimates.
- Developed a project for an industrial complex that took six months but ultimately resulted in $50,000 in profit for the company and one very satisfied client.
- Submitted drafts to piping engineer to determine if anything needed to be altered or added.
- Established a natural gas piping system for a client, which was a new venture for the company.
- Used a variety of tools, including pipe benders and torches, to lay the foundation of a new piping system.
- Followed blueprints precisely to create a new system that was 100 percent perfect.
- Tested new systems to ensure accurate water pressure and energy consumption.
- Conducted maintenance on piping systems and made recommendations on when an old system should be replaced with a new one.
One of my favorite sports to play during my free time is baseball. I am a member of a local recreational league, and we have friendly games once a month. I enjoy staying in shape and spending time with good friends several nights a week.
Build Your CV
Piping Designer CV Must-Haves
What Does a Piping Designer Do?
Piping designers are generally responsible for laying the groundwork for a new pipe system within a building. This involves developing blueprints of the plan by means of the latest software. Designers also need to physically go to the building in question and take measurements where the pipes will be placed. In addition to simply determining how big the pipes need to be, designers also need to ensure they meet any desired specifications, such as a certain level of water pressure. It is common for people in this profession to collaborate with other members of the team to ensure the design plans are actually feasible and can come in under budget. Additional tasks may be expected of designers depending on the specific company, but you can outline anything you have experience with in a similar manner as the piping designer CV example given above.
Tips for Creating a Great Piping Designer CV
You should have a decent idea at this point about what needs to go into your CV, but here are a few more tips for good measure:
– The Professional Summary needs to be concise and informative. It should entice the hiring manager to continue reading your CV.
– Your Work Experience section should include an assortment of specific accomplishments and general duties you had to do on a daily basis.
– List Work Experience that is relevant to the job you want. Do not go too far back to jobs that do not showcase where you are professionally today.
– Show your creativity and personality in the Hobbies section. This is your chance to show there is a real person behind the document.
– As you are discussing your hobbies, do not mention anything related to politics or religion, because those topics could be viewed as controversial.