Hiring managers get many applications any time a job opens up, even for highly specialized positions such as plastic surgeon. You can hedge your bets quite a bit just by following proper formatting guidelines and including as much information as you can within a relatively small amount of space. This plastic surgeon CV example shows how to accomplish that. Read through it and the tips that follow to enhance your CV writing capabilities. You are bound to find an improvement with your writing afterward.
Build My CV
7007 Baldwin Drive, Los Angeles, CA 11111
E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 555-121-3371
Personable plastic surgeon with extensive knowledge of a variety of procedures, including face lifts, tummy tucks, and breast augmentation. Exceptional interpersonal skills to effectively communicate procedures to patients so they know whether a surgery will be truly beneficial to them. Excelled at leading a team and instructing assistants how to carry out basic plastic surgery tasks. Keen eye for detail and have never had a patient dissatisfied with services rendered.
- -Critical thinking skills, which help me find alternative solutions when a common specific course of action become unviable -Excellent finger dexterity to use intricate tools with careful precision -Valuable visualization abilities to know what to do to give a patient the exact results desired -Knowledge of medical software, including 3D virtual surgery programs -Expertise using surgical power drills, ENT microscopes, cautery equipment, and numerous other important devices
- Offer a variety of services and treat numerous patients with a variety of cosmetic issues they want addressed.
- Advertise services through television, newspaper, and radio ads.
- Examine an individual’s medical history to determine if plastic surgery is truly right for them, and on several occasions, recommend a patient forego a treatment because it would do more harm than good.
- Oversee patients after surgery is carried out, and carefully go over essential post-op care.
- Prescribe medications based on a patient’s needs.
- Examined instruments and ensured they were sterile before being used by head plastic surgeon.
- Wrote down patient information and kept records of everyone who had surgery in database.
- Offered consultations to patients before going through surgery, as well as consultations to a patient’s family members so they could be kept in the loop.
- Assisted head surgeon on over 100 plastic surgeries during time working here.
- Coordinated surgery services to make sure people got the care they needed in a timely manner.
- Conducted research to learn more about plastic surgery techniques, and honed skills by assisting on surgical procedures on patients.
- Referred patients to specialists when prudent.
- Recommended best surgeries to surgical team based on an individual’s health history and list of medications currently being taken.
With so many beautiful hiking trails around Los Angeles, I adore using my free time to explore as many as possible. Additionally, I love taking friends on trails I have already traversed because it allows me to give someone else a completely new experience.
Build My CV
Plastic Surgeon CV Must-Haves
What Does a Plastic Surgeon Do?
Plastic surgeons offer a variety of cosmetic alterations to clients who want to change their appearances. Some typical surgeries include face lifts, nose jobs, liposuctions, facial rejuvenation, eyelid lift, breast augmentation, breast lift, and much more. Prior to performing any of these, the surgeon will meet with the patient for a consultation where all of a patient’s options are reviewed, and the plastic surgeon recommends an ideal course of action. Surgical prep needs to be conducted, such as taking X-rays of the individual. After the surgery, the plastic surgeon observes the patient for an allotted amount of time to ensure everything was done correctly and will prescribe medication as needed. Your expertise with all these areas needs to be expressed properly, which the professional plastic surgeon CV example above does quite nicely.
Tips for Creating a Great Plastic Surgeon CV
These extra tips should also be followed to make your CV as perfect as possible:
– Unless otherwise instructed by the online job description, always submit your CV as a PDF.
– The Professional Summary essentially serves as your CV’s hook. It needs to include your most desirable traits that will get a hiring manager interested to read the rest of what you have to say.
– Include specific details throughout the Work Experience area. If you have a lot of accomplishments you want to highlight, then you could add another section titled “Career Highlights.”
– You can state whether you earned an academic honor such as magna cum laude in the Education section. However, there is generally no need to state your GPA.
– Omit anything from your CV that could be viewed as controversial, such as your religious beliefs.