Build Your CV
9876 South Monroe Blvd. , San Francisco, CA 10101
E: email@example.com P: 555-222-2020
Experienced software developer with four years of experience in database architecture. Extensive knowledge of database clusters, backup, and recovery. Skilled with multiple Apache software systems, jQuery, Prolog, and Ubuntu. Dedicated team member with great communication and mediation skills. Able to work long hours to ensure database access for coworkers.
- Analyzed existing database structure and suggested changes to improve access speed by 15 percent.
- Developed secondary backup system when data was moved from older machines to newer hardware.
- Optimized the use of local cloud structures for quicker access to commonly requested information sets.
- Kept up-to-date with database best practices and language usage.
- Evaluated existing systems and offered analysis for backup and storage improvements.
- Observed database errors and presented possible solutions.
- Discussed data needs with others to ensure database provided best possible usability.
- Designed websites for local musicians with easy-update features so they could manage the site once created.
- Updated websites for the local library and other civil groups.
- Maintained great customer relationships with the majority of work coming via referrals.
Avid reader with subscriptions to Database Journal, Information Today, and Discover Magazine. Regularly consult with others to learn about new developments in the software world. Part owner and investor in a local coffee shop where only Free Trade beans are used. Always on the lookout for people in need of investors or extra hands in their entrepreneurial endeavors. Owner of two black labs who enjoy jogging at the local greenway.
Build Your CV
PL SQL Developer CV Must-Haves
What Does a PL SQL Developer Do?
Structured Query Languages, shortened to SQL, are important to database creation, structure, and maintenance. A PL SQL developer understands how to mold these languages for use in a variety of situations and applications. SQL developers are often responsible for creating a database from scratch or maintaining one for a company, such as what a database administrator does. In either job, attention to detail, extensive computer knowledge, and problem-solving skills are highly sought after qualities. When listing work experience, be sure to highlight analytic skills and the ability to communicate both with peers and those less technologically inclined. It is also important to mention which common database and SQL experience you have, as with the above PL SQL developer CV example. This example and the accompanying tips are a good place to start whether crafting a CV for the first time or updating an existing one.
Tips for Creating a Great PL SQL Developer CV
– Avoid using the same words over and over in your work experience. If you are including similar jobs, use a thesaurus to add diversity to your CV.
– Use metrics whenever possible. Some examples include customer satisfaction ratings and days without a safety issue.
– Do not use your high school diploma to pad your education section. However, if this is your only degree, include it and list any important or unique courses taken.
– Double check that all dates and contact information is correct. That includes making sure no numbers or letters are transposed in your phone number, email, or home address.
– Unless you are applying for an internal position, do not use your work email for job inquiries. Use a personal email, and create a new one if your current one sounds unprofessional.
– Print your CV and read it out loud to one or more people. Another way to catch errors is to have multiple people look over your CV and read it for themselves.