Do you want to get a programmer analyst position that is the perfect fit for you? An important way to make the first-round cut and get an interview is to write an attention-getting yet professional CV that clearly communicates what skills and experience make you the right candidate for the position. Take a look at this programmer analyst CV example to see what elements to include in your CV to make it the best it can be.
Build My CV
480 Aspen Way, Fort Collins, CO 11111
E: wmartinson@anymail P: 555-247-8939
Expert software development professional with a laser-sharp attention to detail that is passionate about optimizing computer systems. Experienced in software design and certified in C++, I specialize in testing and debugging new programs as well as ones that need improving. Flexible to changing client needs, I am also an agile and effective communicator with team members and clients.
- Analyze and map out project requirements, acting as a liaison between the analyst team and the clients.
- Design applications and databases for clients, and participate in the development phase by coding software.
- Lead a team of business analysts who provide testing and documentation support.
- Communicate with clients to fully understand the scale and scope of development projects, and use that information in design and development of systems and software.
- Perform team-lead function for all technical support matters.
- Monitor system maintenance requirements and ensure that all client systems are kept updated.
- Designed programs and developed the procedural protocol to carry out system operations.
- Devised a documentation strategy that led to the standardization of all system documentation for users.
- Analyzed the needs of small businesses in order to design operational systems.
- Assisted in the support of software and hardware systems in the implementation phase, including reviewing user requirements and training users in software utilization.
- Facilitated communication between clients and vendors.
- Coordinated server support for clients.
- Tested new software before launch for optimal functionality and removal of bugs.
- Support for software post implementation during system production issues.
- Wrote documentation of software development.
- Assisted in software development and coding.
- Fixed software issues at the direction of the business analysts.
- Served as a coordinator for hardware and software installations.
In the winter months, I enjoy snowmobiling and snowboarding. I am also an avid gardener specializing in heirloom herbs and vegetables. I volunteer time each summer coordinating my community’s fresh vegetable donation program at the local food shelf.
Build My CV
Programmer Analyst CV Must-Haves
What Does a Programmer Analyst Do?
A programmer analyst is a hybrid between a computer programmer and a systems analyst. The combination of the most in-demand aspects of both jobs makes programmer analysts necessary at any company with computer systems. Programmer analysts design software and hardware systems as well as write new programs, repair software and system issues, and modify programs to optimize performance. In addition, they may develop a testing protocol for junior programmer analysts to use. The performance of the overall computer system or network is also of utmost importance for a programmer analyst, who may be paged during off hours if the system is slow or stops working. To be effective, your CV needs to explain your attention to detail and your reliability. Refer to the programmer analyst CV example to see how to do this.
Tips for Creating a Great Programmer Analyst CV
To write a great CV for this position, place equal emphasis on interacting with people as well as computers. Here are some other tips to make your CV the highest quality it can be:
– Gathering information to make decisions is one part of the programmer analyst position, but how you process information to make a decision is especially important. Be sure to highlight your analytical and decision-making skills in your work experience.
– After you check your resume for correct spelling, consistent font, and proper grammar, have a friend read your CV to give you feedback.
– Another important function of a programmer analyst is documentation. Show your experiences and ability in this area to assure a prospective employer that you are a well-rounded analyst.
– Tailor your CV to the specific position that you are applying for. Keep software skills and certifications off of your CV if they are not relevant to the position.