Build Your CV
2048 Shadow Lane, Honolulu, HI 99999
E: firstname.lastname@example.org P: 999-999-3948
Professional project assistant with more than 10 years of experience with various types of projects. Highly organized with a strong attention to detail and the ability to monitor and maintain schedules closely. Motivated, driven to succeed, and able to work alone or as part of a group. Can travel and work long hours.
- Maintain project records, including preparing invoices, memos, financial statements, and project reports.
- Conduct project-related research, compile data, and prepare reports to present to project managers, executives, and the board of directors.
- Read incoming memos and reports to determine their level of importance for the project and distribute them accordingly.
- Ordered project supplies according to schedule, received shipments, and distributed them to the appropriate employee when they arrived.
- Secured travel arrangements for executives, project partners, and other relevant parties to and from project sites within the state, throughout the country, and internationally, ensuring traveling parties understood local customs and laws when traveling across borders.
- Managed and maintained project manager’s schedule, and provided an updated itinerary each day as well as alerted him to cancellations or other unexpected changes throughout the day.
- Compiled and transcribed minutes during meetings, providing copies to everyone working on the project as necessary.
- Arranged for employee interviews and training when hiring new contractors to work on projects.
- Scheduled and coordinated meetings, luncheons, dinners, and other project-related outings as needed.
In my free time, I enjoy journaling, blogging, and reading fiction. I also like to surf, mountain bike, and take cooking and baking classes. On the weekends, I can usually be found performing an acoustic set at a local music venue.
Build Your CV
Project Assistant CV Must-Haves
What Does a Project Assistant Do?
A project assistant is responsible for ensuring the project managers, contractors, partners, and other people related to the project have what they need to meet deadlines on time and create a professional result. Project assistants are responsible for handling all correspondence and gathering signatures from the appropriate people as necessary, scheduling business trips and meetings, ordering project materials, and scheduling interviews and training for new contractors. They must maintain the project manager’s schedule to ensure he or she is at the right location at the correct time. Project assistants may also perform research tasks and present their findings at meetings. Other clerical duties are also expected. A project assistant is an integral part of any company, which is why a professional CV, such as this project assistant CV example, is so important.
Tips for Creating a Great Project Assistant CV
Once you have written your CV according to the example, implement these tips and tricks to ensure it draws in hiring managers:
– Do use your professional summary to display your most important experience, accomplishments, skills, and personality traits. This “hook” is what will make hiring managers decide to keep reading and potentially call you about an interview.
– Do not include information that is too personal. Avoid controversial topics such as politics, religion, or sexual orientation.
– Do use quantitative information to highlight your skills, such as mentioning the worth of your most important project or describing another important task you performed.
– Do not include irrelevant information. Jobs that are older than 10 years, high school information, GPA, or extracurricular activities not related to your field should be omitted.
– Do ensure that you proofread thoroughly, including reading your CV out loud to check for typos, spelling errors, or grammar mistakes. Even the best CV will look unprofessional if it is riddled with typos.