Build Your CV
89 Wassail Way, Augusta, GA 11111
E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 555-608-3019
Motivated research assistant with 12 years of experience in surveying for social science studies. Experience in statistical analysis, database management, and quality control. Demonstrated record of success during tenure with previous employers and held key role in achieving successful research studies for various topics. Strong level of integrity with data, and commitment to keeping methods, information, and materials confidential for the benefit of the study. Highly capable team player who would do anything to support the goals of the organization.
- Create surveys and other instruments for research study in psychology by using study goals, feedback from team, and best practices.
- Enter findings and results of surveys into a computer database, and organized all raw data to help the team determine a conclusion.
- Oversee the development and interviewing process of 13 team members interacting with research subjects.
- Researched basic background information and searched for publications and previous findings online when confronted with a new study idea.
- Analyzed research data and findings by using various computer programs and determined accuracy and validity of information.
- Received a $12,000 research grant along with the team after pursuing various grant award organizations for psychological research.
- Maintained a detailed computer database of all surveys, findings, research subjects, methods, and staff involved in each step of the process.
- Conducted quality control of research practices and used verification methods to ensure data was valid for each study.
- Recruited research study subjects regularly by attending college campus events and posting information online, leading to a 15% increase in participant numbers.
My biggest hobby is traveling internationally and learning about new cultures. Ever since childhood, I have been traveling the world whenever I have a break from school or work. I have visited all seven continents, including Antarctica. I am working on my next adventure, which is exploring the African Savanna and learning more about the animals and the environment in the region.
Build Your CV
Research Assistant CV Must-Haves
What Does a Research Assistant Do?
Research assistants usually have a strong academic background in some sort of social science field. They work alongside other professionals in social sciences to implement important research. The research assistants mostly help other senior team members with the design of the study, the paperwork associated with it, and some of the finer details. They may recruit survey subjects for research studies, and they may assist with reviewing surveying techniques before the study begins. During the data collection stage, they could help supervise other staff to ensure top quality control. As noted in the research assistant CV example, you may also find that employees in this role play a big part in recording the findings in a computer system.
Tips for Creating a Great Research Assistant CV
To get your research assistant CV noticed and not pushed to another pile, you have to focus on this specific way of writing. Here are some things to know:
– Mention some of the specific experience or knowledge you have from your educational background and work history in the professional summary.
– Include any awards or grants you’ve won that have helped your previous team members or past employers.
– Give details about some of the duties you have been most successful with, from working with research subjects to helping supervise interviews.
– Keep your word choice consistent by using verbs to start off each bullet point in your work history section.
– Provide specific details, such as numbers or percentages, when talking about your accomplishments from your past work experiences.