To make it past the initial pile of CVs and gain an invitation to an interview, you must have an attractive CV that catches the eyes of the hiring manager. With the right tools at your fingertips, it is possible to develop something that increases your chances of making it past the initial stages of the hiring process. With our writing guide and reservation agent CV example, you have the tools you need to create a document that markets your skills, experience, and education to prospective employees.
Build My CV
3490 Ivy Lane, Cincinnati, OH 11111
E: klbrown@anymail P: 555-555-9302
Dedicated reservation agent with six years’ experience in the field. Familiarity with a variety of CRM systems. Exceptional communication skills with the ability to work well in fast-paced environments. Strong customer service and selling abilities to assist in securing high-dollar reservations and maintaining high customer satisfaction expectations.
- Book room requests for customers, which led to an additional 20 percent gain in profits with a proven capacity to upsell.
- Facilitate check in and check out for guests, including running credit cards for rooms, services, and other purchases.
- Answer phone calls and email requests for reservations, special requests for rooms, and other customer service inquiries.
- Handle customer complaints and problems, such as missing reservations and overbooked rooms, in a courteous manner to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Assisted clients in booking spa services, adventure packages, rooms, and other services at the hotel.
- Provided information about the resort and surrounding area to clients to answer their questions and enhance their stay.
- Coordinated with local hotels to create a network for assisting with overflow issues and other problems requiring resettling clients.
- Responded to the requests of guests, including booking transportation to and from the airport, to ensure all needs were properly handled.
- Attended trade shows to assist the marketing department in gaining new business and forming relationships with local businesses to increase bookings.
- Reserved rooms for short-term and long-term guests, and educated them on the reward system, increasing the number of new loyalty members by 20 percent.
I love to read and write, and I have written several plays that the local theater troupe has performed. I also volunteer with the local Red Cross chapter, including coordinating their annual fundraising raffle. Additionally, I enjoy swimming and play on an amateur water polo team.
Build My CV
Reservation Agent CV Must-Haves
What Does a Reservation Agent Do?
Reservation agents work in the travel, tourism, and hospitality industry in a variety of settings, including hotels, restaurants, flights, and other activities requiring reservations. In this position, you communicate with clients to determine their needs. Then, you assist them in booking their reservation, as well as confirm the reservations closer to the final date. You also will answer questions, process payments, and fulfill additional customer service responsibilities as required. It is common to provide services via phone calls, email, text messages, and other methods of communication. It is important to emphasize your customer service and communication skills in your CV, as well as any sales experience. In the reservation agent CV example, you will gain a better understanding of what to highlight.
Tips for Creating a Great Reservation Agent CV
Remember these helpful tips as you write your CV:
-Choose words and phrasing that not only details your duties and experience but also imparts your skills and abilities, such as customer service and problem-solving, that make you a strong candidate for the reservation agent position.
-Dedicate time to your professional summary so that you appropriately market yourself and communicate the reasons why you are the perfect person for the available position.
-Expand on your job duties in the work experience section and include how you assisted clients and any measurable successes, such as increased business or positive customer satisfaction survey responses.
-Do not include too many personal details in the hobbies and interests section. Instead, use it as a way to illustrate the talents and skills accrued through activities and interests that complement your work.
-Before you submit your CV, have a few friends proofread it for you. A perfect, error-free CV is just another way that you demonstrate your exceptional attention to detail and communication skills.