Build Your CV
2039 Glenn Avenue, Columbus, OH 11111
E: email@example.com P: 555-555-9123
Qualified retail sales representative who has worked in a variety of retail environments during the last 15 years. Strong customer service skills that always include a friendly smile and helpful attitude that draws in customers and keeps them coming back. Reliable, with organizational skills and time-management abilities that make me a productive part of any team.
- Interview, hire, and provide ongoing training for permanent and seasonal new hires in a department store environment.
- Communicate with dissatisfied customers who have escalated their complaints and find ways to address their concerns and ensure they are returning customers.
- Create and implement new sales programs and promotions as well as payment and exchange policies and security protocols.
- Assisted customers by communicating with them to determine what they needed or wanted and recommending products or helping them locate products they already had in mind.
- Cleaned shelves, floors, and countertops to ensure the store was always safe and inviting for customers to shop in.
- Persuaded customers to upgrade their products or services in nearly half of all transactions.
- Greeted customers as they walked into the store and offered assistance with finding products.
- Processed exchanges for customers, including checking for receipts and offering full refunds or store credit on a case-by-case basis.
- Inventoried stock and provided data to the company’s buyers to ensure the store always had the right products in stock.
When I am not working in retail outlets, I am shopping in them. Looking for a great deal is my favorite hobby. Outside of shopping, I enjoy grilling outdoors during the summer, singing karaoke, and taking my dog to the local dog park.
Build Your CV
Retail CV Must-Haves
What Does Retail Do?
Retail workers cover a wide range of positions in the industry. Primarily, their responsibility is to sell merchandise, whether it is clothing, groceries, household equipment, or even cars. Retail workers must be highly personable and able to interact with customers from all types of backgrounds. They should be proficient in mathematics and understand how to read, write, speak, and understand English. Many companies will view someone who is bilingual more favorably. Retail workers are highly organized and have excellent time management skills. They are typically excellent public speakers who do not mind answering questions or performing product demonstrations. For an idea of the skills and responsibilities you should include, check out the attached professional retail CV example.
Tips for Creating a Great Retail CV
Use the following guidelines to help you create a professional CV that will keep hiring managers interested:
– Do use quantifiable metrics whenever possible, such as providing information about going above and beyond sales quota or otherwise bringing in profits for companies.
– Do not provide irrelevant information in your education and training section. This includes your high school information, grade point averages, or clubs or organizations that you were a member of, unless they relate to the retail industry.
– Do focus on the skills you have that benefit a retail worker, including the ability to do mental math, having a friendly personality, and understanding how to adhere to store policies.
– Do not mention controversial information on your resume. Examples include your religion, political views, or sexual orientation.
– Do list retail-related achievements or awards you’ve earned, including top sales performance awards.
– Do not use an unprofessional email address or one that is associated with your current place of employment. If necessary create a new free email address online.