Oil and petroleum producers are often on the lookout for talented electrical workers to help support their on-site operations. Rig electricians are typically well-compensated for their work, which is why such positions tend to be highly coveted. Distinguishing yourself from others seeking the same job requires that you present your skill set in a way that is sure to impress hiring managers. Submitting a strong curriculum vitae along with your application goes a long way toward that goal. The rig electrician CV example and accompanying writing guidelines provided here will show you how to create your own.
Build Your CV
321 Center St, Galveston, Texas 11111
E:ddonaldson@emailaddress P: 555-111-5555
Industrial electrician looking for opportunity to work in the petroleum industry. Eleven years of experience working in industrial settings, three of which were spent as the supervising electrician in an auto manufacturing facility. Fully certified to the highest industry standards. Committed to doing excellent work in a timely manner while also ensuring that all safety measures and protocols are followed. Experience working in several different support roles, including supporting frontline employees and maintaining operation center applications. Understanding of electrical equipment is complemented by strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Manage a team of five electrical workers tasked with monitoring performance and conducting maintenance on manufacturing equipment.
- Assign jobs to individual members of team and supervise work throughout shift, stepping in to offer assistance when needed.
- Prepare for regulatory inspections and assist external safety technicians in testing equipment to help ensure compliance with safety, environmental, and performance standards.
- Report operational achievements and department budget analysis to executive management team in quarterly meetings.
- Create work schedules for staff and report working hours to finance department for payroll.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and repairing all electrical equipment in operations center and on production floor.
- Worked with supervisor as well as facility engineers to conduct weekly performance tests as per safety protocols.
- Conducted quarterly inspections on electrical components of all production equipment to help ensure optimal performance.
- Responded to technical assistance calls from employees as they came in.
- Attended annual safety training seminars put on by local electrical workers union to help incorporate best practices into daily processes.
- Contracted with local commercial construction crews to perform all wiring and electrical work on new building projects.
- Worked with city and county officials performing safety inspections on new commercial structures.
- Coordinated with contractors to create purchase orders for all electrical components of new builds.
- Collaborated with landlords and tenants of commercial buildings to address electrical issues.
- Operated in a variety of different settings, from high-rise building projects to subterranean structures.
Classic car enthusiast with fully restored 1969 Chevrolet Camaro and 1970 Plymouth Barracuda. Enjoy hunting, fishing, and horseback riding. Avid fan of the Texas Rangers.
Build Your CV
Rig Electrician CV Must-Haves
What Does a Rig Electrician Do?
To effectively use the rig electrician CV example to create a strong document, you must first understand the general requirements of the job. This will allow you to highlight your skills that are directly applicable to this position. Rig electricians work on off-shore oil rigs overseeing all aspects of the electrical systems of these structures. They work with a structure’s maintenance supervisor to develop testing schedules on all electrical components to help ensure that operations continue unabated and that any potential issues are spotted before they can become large-scale problems. When issues do arise, electricians supervise and participate in repair projects under the direction of the maintenance supervisor. Rig electricians may also be tasked with cataloging a parts inventory and overseeing supply orders. Work on oil rigs is usually done is shifts that can last weeks a time, with a short furlough period in between.
Tips for Creating a Great Rig Electrician CV
Your curriculum vitae should follow the structure given in the CV example while also including some of your own personal touches. Unfortunately, this is where many CV authors stray away from proven writing strategies and end up including unnecessary content. Adding too much information in one section or omitting it in another can cause a hiring manager to quickly lose interest in your CV, and thus dismiss you as a legitimate job candidate. Therefore, it’s important to keep the following writing and formatting tips in mind:
-Use bullet points when providing details, but do not include more than five in a given section.
-Scan your document to find any paragraphs with a single sentence spanning to a prior or proceeding page, and edit them to fit all of the content together.
-Do not include any information that could alienate a reader, such as religious or political views.
-Only list work experience that is applicable to the position you’re seeking.