Build Your CV
3200 South River Drive , Miami, FL 11111
E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 555-342-2213
Skilled safety advisor with a stellar track record of ensuring all protocols are followed and all state regulations are implemented at any place of employment. Great eye for detail to determine when a process or piece of equipment poses a hazard and ensure it is addressed immediately. Extremely organized and able to file all pertinent paperwork to state agencies well before deadlines arrive. Excelled at communication to inform everyone what precautions need to be taken and why they are important.
- Design business training program and distribute safety manuals to all new personnel.
- Make everyone sign a contract stating they have read manuals and agree to abide by all protocols.
- Document anything that could potentially pose a threat to workers’ safety, and get it addressed as soon as possible.
- Visit various locations around the city with personnel to ensure all clients’ operations are meeting state and national guidelines.
- Lead workshops showing employees how to safely carry out essential duties, and in years working for this organization, never had a single instance of someone getting injured while on the job.
- Tested work environment regularly to ensure there were no biological or chemical hazards.
- Ensured there was always sufficient protective gear for employees, and ordered more when it was necessary.
- Evaluated certain environments to make sure they were safe for entry before proceeding.
- Maintained logbooks of all jobs performed out in the field and what precautions were essential.
- Performed maintenance on company’s HVAC system to ensure indoor air quality was always optimal.
- Created safety guidelines for employees to follow in the event a fire or other disaster broke out, which fortunately, never needed to be used.
- Regularly inspected fire extinguishers and other safety systems to make sure they were in good operational order.
- Calibrated equipment routinely so it always worked as specified.
I enjoy volunteering at my child’s elementary school and helping out with various activities. This includes everything from setting up sports activities to helping run food drives.
Build Your CV
Safety Advisor CV Must-Haves
What Does a Safety Advisor Do?
Safety advisors are common in high-risk industries where employees are often around dangerous chemicals or pieces of machinery. Advisors design manuals and training programs to ensure everyone knows how to safely use everything, and the ultimate goal is to make sure no one ever gets hurt. This also involves being proactive and being on the lookout for anything that has the potential to break down in the near future. They also test new equipment, collect data relevant to safety protocols, submit proper documentation to the right state agencies, and ensure safety gear is always fully stocked. In the event danger presents itself, safety advisors are expected to assist people with getting out of the vicinity and notifying the proper authorities. It is an important job, and you need a CV like the safety advisor CV example above to show you have what it takes.
Tips for Creating a Great Safety Advisor CV
Use these extra tips the next time you want to polish your own CV:
– Ensure your contact information is correct, especially if it has been a while since you last applied for new jobs.
– The Professional Summary should serve as a snapshot of what you have done in the past, and it needs to entice the hiring manager to keep reading.
– Bullet points under Work Experience should begin with verbs. Do not start a point with “Accountable for” or “Responsible for.”
– It is acceptable to include any internships you had in college under Education as long as they are relevant to being a safety advisor.
– If you have any noteworthy memberships or won any awards, then you can give those subjects their own section in your CV.
– Do not state on your CV why you left past jobs.