In a competitive job market, it is essential to find ways to stand out and make it past the initial screening process. A strong curriculum vitae that details your relevant skills, accomplishments, and experience is the first step in attracting the attention of hiring managers. This writing guide provides tips on how to craft a successful CV like the sales account manager CV example provided to assist you in your job search. You will learn more about what to include in each of the essential sections, including the Professional Summary, Skills, Work Experience, Education, and Hobbies and Interests sections.
Build Your CV
23058 Washington Ave., Williamsburg, VA 11111
E: email@example.com P: 555-555-3023
Passionate sales account manager with six years’ experience in the field. Dedicated to providing high-quality customer service to retain relationships with clients. Exceptional record of improving client retention and increasing overall sales. Dedicated team player with strong communication skills that enhance the capacity to collaborate across departments. Adept at managing multiple accounts while retaining accuracy and productivity.
- Collaborate with customer service and sales department to ensure all client requirements are properly handled to the satisfaction of the client.
- Nourish relationships with clients through continual verbal and written communication, which led to a 20 percent increase in client retention.
- Network with local businesses to identify areas of potential job growth, which increased new business sales by 10 percent.
- Manage multiple accounts that generated more than $2,000,000 in revenue each quarter.
- Developed sales proposals and client correspondence that detailed the specifications of clients’ orders.
- Answered client questions regarding services and products, including availability, specifications, and costs to improve clarity and transparency.
- Secured new accounts through word of mouth referrals that increased overall sales potential by 15 percent.
- Communicated with new and existing clients regarding services and products, and assisted in the placement of orders.
- Attended trade shows, and identified and nourished potential leads to increase conversions and secure new accounts, leading to a 25 percent increase in annual sales revenue.
- Handled customer complaints and collaborated with the customer service department as needed to ensure all problems were handled quickly and to the client’s satisfaction.
I volunteer with the Big Brother Big Sister program, mentoring at-risk youth to encourage them to attend college and reach their full potential. Additionally, I manage the annual fundraising project for the local chapter. I also enjoy sailing and fishing.
Build Your CV
Sales Account Manager CV Must-Haves
What Does a Sales Account Manager Do?
Sales account managers coordinate with customers and clients to maintain relationships and encourage continued patronage. You act as a liaison between the sales team and customer service division in the company to ensure that all needs and requirements of the client are handled. At times, you also might handle purchase requests, customer service issues, and sales. Your main responsibility is to ensure customer retention and longevity by maintaining a positive relationship with the client. As such, it is essential to emphasize your customer service abilities and communication skills on your CV. Review the above sales account manager CV example to learn more about the duties of the position and how to detail your own accomplishments in your document.
Tips for Creating a Great Sales Account Manager CV
Consider these tips as you begin creating your own stellar CV:
– Spend time developing a strong professional summary. This is the section where you explain why hiring managers should bring you in for an interview, so emphasize your sales experience, customer service skills, and negotiation skills.
– Start your work history statements with an action verb, such as restored, solved, operated, and maintained. For further impact, include measurable results that demonstrate your accomplishments.
– Proofread your final CV more than once, and get friends and family members to help. An error-free CV demonstrates your attention to detail and communication skills to the hiring managers.
– Avoid explaining long gaps in your work history or the reasons you left previous jobs. Instead, wait to provide answers during an interview to describe the situations in a positive manner if asked.
– Use the Hobbies and Interest section as space to further illustrate your work ethic and relevant skills by listing those that complement your work.