Build Your CV
1234 Netherfield Lane, London, OH 11111
E: email@example.com P: 555-987-6543
Accomplished software developer with 15 years of experience in development of applications. Excels in every stage of the life cycle of software development, including design creation, coding, debugging, testing, and maintenance. Expert in devising innovative and tailored solutions to assist businesses achieve their goals in a variety of industries. Advanced skills and knowledge of leading programming tools with a strong background in mathematics, algorithms, and data-processing logic.
- Develop, upgrade, and maintain advanced financial industry software.
- Coordinate the design and implementation of various applications, including collaboration with project managers, and client representative and development teams.
- Provide mentoring services to junior developers as needed.
- Select projects include the design and development of a flagship financial trading application, a XML content distribution server, and business systems for clients in a variety of industries.
- Experimented with multiple iterations during design implementation.
- Wrote extensible and maintainable code as part of a team.
- Excelled in rapidly prototyping new capabilities to confirm project feasibility.
- Designed web applications and maintained content for multiple .NET-based systems.
- Modified existing software to detect and correct errors, improve performance, and upgrade interfaces.
- Consulted with clients regularly regarding projects, proposals, and technical issues that arise during the development process.
- Prepared reports on specifications and activities for each project.
- Collaborated well with other team members to determine the best design specifications and details.
When I am not sitting in front of a computer monitor, I like to disconnect and unwind in the great outdoors. My favorite activities include camping, hiking, and kayaking at many of the national parks located nearest my home. I volunteer my time once a week to teach middle school students how to code, and often volunteer with Habitat for Humanity when I get the opportunity.
Build Your CV
Software Developer Must-Haves
What Does a Software Developer Do?
A software developer is tasked with developing, creating, and modifying computer applications, software, or other specialized utility programs to meet client goals and expectations. They must be able to competently analyze user needs and develop software solutions to fill those areas that are lacking. Essentially, they are the creative minds that design and create the computer programs that allow the digital world to function. They may perform their duties individually or as part of a team while working on large-scale projects. Your software developer CV should highlight the skills and experience that fill these roles. You can view our software developer CV example for an idea on how to best present these skills.
Tips for Creating a Great Software Developer CV
As you create your software developer CV, keep the following tips in mind:
– Include a complete list of the languages, environments, and applications in which you are competent and fluent in your skills section. Hiring managers need to know the scope of your knowledge and experience, and this is a critical component.
– Your Work History section should only include relevant work experience for the past 10 years, listed with the most recent job title first.
– Include a list of noteworthy projects and their objectives under each job position so hiring managers get a chance to understand your level of experience and involvement in the software development life cycle.
– Refrain from including irrelevant and potentially controversial language or information in your CV.
– Always proof your CV for errors more than once. Reading it aloud and backwards can help you catch errors you otherwise might miss, and which might make a bad first impression.