Build Your CV
789 E 901 N , Salt Lake City, UT 11111
E: firstname.lastname@example.org P: 555-234-2345
Experienced software engineer with a passion for developing innovative programs that expedite the efficiency and effectiveness of organizational success. Well-versed in technology and writing code to create systems that are reliable and user-friendly. Skilled leader who has the proven ability to motivate, educate, and manage a team of professionals to build software programs and effectively track changes. Confident communicator, strategic thinker, and innovative creator to develop software that is customized to meet a company’s organizational needs, highlight their core competencies, and further their success.
- Developed and designed three critical software programs for financial tracking and reporting.
- Optimized user effectiveness by creating a detailed feedback queue for users to discuss functionality, convenience, and effectiveness.
- Oversee a team of four software developers and lead weekly discussions to brainstorm ideas in software development and to track changes made in existing programs.
- Participated in creating scalable systems for three primary departments, including human resources, marketing, and supply chain.
- Ran monthly unit tests to determine software effectiveness and mend broken links or glitches in the system.
- Gave quarterly reports to executive management regarding current developments, and tracked changes in existing software.
- Maintained a system for documenting code and keeping track of software developments.
- Researched primary technological developments to determine whether implementation into organizational processes was efficient and feasible.
- Participated in strengthening the company’s backend services to optimize usage and prepare for emergency blackouts.
- Researched best practices to share with fellow software team members.
- Helped write code for a website update using HTML tools.
- Presented to management an end-of-term demonstration on valuable software developments that were in the works.
I enjoy volunteering weekly at the local Boys and Girls club where I teach youth how to write code. I am an animal lover and enjoy frequent horseback trips with my family. I also appreciate a good book or tennis match.
Build Your CV
Software Engineer CV Must-Haves
What Does a Software Engineer Do?
A software engineer plays an integral role in any organization. Your responsibility will be to utilize technology, innovation, creativity, and research to identify feasible developments for organizational programs. These programs include everything from backend services, to departmental interfaces, to current operational systems. Tasks such as running unit tests, participating in research and development, writing, editing, and reading code, educating staff and management about software use, creating scalable systems, and assessing user feedback are just some of the things you may do. Your curriculum vita is a primary opportunity to talk about which of these skills you excel at. This software engineer CV example is a shining illustration of what yours may look like.
Tips for Creating a Great Software Engineer CV
-Use your CV to discuss software tools you are familiar with using. These may include tools related to: unit testing, debugging, writing code, integration, compilation and linking, and scripting languages, among other things.
-Focus on your ability to solve problems, and discuss how you have overcome challenges. This is critical because software engineering is all about optimizing processes and fixing problems.
-Always double check your work for spelling and grammatical errors. You only get one chance at sending in a perfect CV, so a few extra minutes is well worth your time.
-Avoid sharing too much personal information, even though some sections are open to interpretation. Over-sharing appears narcistic and unprofessional.
-Hook readers with a strong intro statement in your Professional Summary. This is a great place to discuss your confidence and experience as a software developer.