Build Your CV
9384 Carter Way,Williamsburg, NJ 11111
E. jwilliams@anymail P. 555-555-0989
Experienced tax consultant with over 15 years of practice preparing atypical tax returns for clients. Dedicated professional with extensive knowledge of the tax codes and ways to legally lower tax liability for clients. Committed to providing the best care to clients through transparent communication and timely preparation of taxes. Skilled in negotiation with a strong ability to problem solve to assist clients with tax problems.
- Develop relationships with local IRS agents to facilitate communication and negotiation on behalf of clients.
- Prepare annual taxes for clients using the latest tax codes to find the best credits and deduction to save clients an average of $500 on their tax liability.
- Consult with clients on ways to develop a financial strategy and build a tax plan to lower tax liability.
- Negotiate with the IRS on behalf of clients with large tax debt to reduce their tax liability with a more than 80 percent success rate.
- Advised clients on completing tax forms according to tax codes, including which deductions and credits they could take to save money.
- Researched the tax code to assist in preparing atypical returns to ensure compliance.
- Educated clients on actions to take to make tax preparation a more efficient process and reduce the risk of late filing.
- Oversaw several tax advisors to ensure documents for all clients were handled on time and according to code, even during the busy tax season.
- Verified tax returns and other documents completed by clients to make sure they were done correctly.
- Organized community education seminars to teach tax preparation and recruit new business that attracted on average five new clients per session.
- Collaborated with clients and co-workers to prepare tax documents in a timely fashion that adhered to the latest tax code.
I volunteer at the local YMCA and coach teams in the local youth basketball league. I also enjoy running and participate in several charity runs. I support my local animal shelter by providing pro bono tax preparation services every year.
Build Your CV
Tax Consultant CV Must-Haves
What Does a Tax Consultant Do?
A tax consultant, also referred to as a tax advisor, provides advice to clients regarding tax law. As you can see exemplified in the tax consultant CV example above, it is common for a tax consultant to be well versed in the tax code, especially regarding businesses. They meet with clients and review their tax situations to provide solutions for reducing tax liability and/or handle any tax debt legally. They also might handle annual state and federal tax preparation for their clients, including providing assistance on which credits, deductions, and adjustments clients should use. Tax consultants typically work with more complicated tax situations, such as businesses, corporations and/or investments. Some tax consultants might also assist clients who owe money to the IRS negotiate a tax settlement.
Tips for Creating a Great Tax Consultant CV
– Spend time developing your Personal Summary, as this is the place to market yourself to prospective employers. Consider emphasizing your knowledge of the tax code.
– Proofread your CV several times to ensure there are no errors. Any typo or spelling mistake could lead to your document ending up in the reject pile despite your excellent qualifications.
– Although there is a section for hobbies and special interests, avoid getting too personal. Instead, focus on volunteer work or hobbies that complement your job skills.
– Do not simply state what work you did for a job; include key metrics that demonstrate your performance in these positions. This might include percent of additional tax savings of client retention rates.
– When you list your skills, expand upon why these enrich your ability to perform your job duties.