Build Your CV
7800 Magnolia Drive, Las Vegas, NV 11111
E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 555-902-9202
Reliable taxi driver with a comprehensive knowledge of Las Vegas streets and ability to get customers to their destinations via the fastest route possible. Friendly personality and always willing to go the extra mile for passengers. Additional experience performing basic automotive maintenance and can troubleshoot standard vehicle problems on own. Thorough understanding of all state driving laws and never once had a run in with law enforcement.
- Pick up passengers and drop them off wherever they request.
- Collect fare at end of ride; recently implemented a system that allowed company to accept Venmo payments, which customers have been incredibly pleased with so far.
- Test taxi cab regularly to ensure everything is working as it should and conduct maintenance when required.
- Take cab to auto shop when something is beyond means to fix.
- Provide information to passengers about local points of interest around the city.
- Drove company vehicle and picked up executives at various locations.
- Offered friendly service and always had a bottle of water in the back seat to provide for patrons.
- Cleaned the inside of the vehicle to ensure it was always pristine.
- Ran errands for employers when requested and kept employer up to date with progress regarding how the errands were proceeding.
- Transported passengers around town.
- Communicated with dispatch regarding my location and when the vehicle would be able to come back to warehouse.
- Performed basic maintenance, such as refilling oil levels and replacing faulty spark plugs.
- Assisted passengers with any luggage they had and would bring bags to inside the building if asked.
One of my favorite pastimes is to acquire old vehicles, fix them up, and sell them for a profit. In addition to being a nice way to have a supplementary income, it is also incredibly exhilarating to track down intricate parts and end up with a viable vehicle.
Build Your CV
Taxi Driver CV Must-Haves
What Does a Taxi Driver Do?
Ultimately, taxi drivers are needed to pick up passengers and drop them off wherever requested. Excellent service should be provided during every trip so patrons want to continue using your cab company in the future. Drivers also need to collect fares at the end of a trip based on readings from a taximeter. Taxi drivers are typically expected to get out of the vehicle when picking people up to assist them with any luggage. Drivers are also held accountable for keeping their cabs in great shape, which includes washing them regularly and inspecting under the hood to ensure everything continues operating as desired. Taxi cab drivers essentially need to be great customer service representatives as well as automotive mechanics. Show you can do everything, including the tasks stated in the taxi driver CV example, in your own job application.
Tips for Creating a Great Taxi Driver CV
Your work is not quite done. Follow these tips for an even greater likelihood of success:
-If you are applying for an entry level position, you want your CV to be no longer than one page. For executive positions, two pages can be used.
-For your contact information, make sure you have a standard, professional sounding email address. If you want, you can err on the side of caution and create a new email address specifically for your job applications.
-Always state you have a valid driver’s license and any other essential certifications to be a taxi cab driver on your CV. If you do not, an employer may assume you do not have them and automatically gloss over your application.
-Include the exact dates you worked at previous positions. Do not lie about anything because hiring managers can always contact your previous employers to confirm details.
-Do not rely solely on your word processing program to catch any errors. Reread your CV before submitting.