Build Your CV
998 Meadow Creek Road , Boulder, Colorado 11111
E: SarahSmith@anymail T: 555-221-8957
Dedicated technical consultant with diverse operational experience in both IT development and business intelligence analysis. Several years of experience creating customized solutions to address specific customer requirements, improve overall productivity, and dramatically increase efficiency. Extensive IT and network experience including building a complete system architecture from the ground up to meet specific client requirements.
- Review IT networks according to client requirements to determine and rate overall effectiveness and efficiency.
- Combine IT analysis with review of business and marketing methods to create comprehensive strategy for improving productivity and profit margin.
- Communicate effectively with clients, suppliers, and industry professionals to maintain complete and current working knowledge.
- Collect and analyze data using calculations, graphical projection models, and other methods as necessary to understand current operations and determine areas for improvement.
- Analyzed networks and systems to determine areas for improvement in workflow and developed customized solutions.
- Modified existing networks to incorporate new capabilities that met customer requirements.
- Developed updated system procedures as needed to address changing operational requirements and documented changes and test procedures to keep system information accurate.
- Created complete network architecture from scratch to support initial stand-up of new office branch, including working directly with clients to verify operational requirements and budget.
- Identified causes of network problems through research and analysis, and developed and deployed effective solutions quickly.
- Configured network security settings and user permissions according to customer requirements and security protocols.
- Used diagnostic software and equipment to find and understand source of networking problems.
- Provided support for clients and end users by responding to phone and email requests for service.
- Explained troubleshooting procedures in a clear and understandable manner to help users fix minor to moderate IT issues.
- Monitored network for security threats and supplied updates and patches as necessary.
- Contributed to comprehensive instructional manual designed to help end-users through testing and implementation.
Enjoy reading, especially historical biographies and nonfiction. Volunteer monthly at local soup kitchen and homeless shelter. Training to compete in my first marathon and learning how to kayak.
Build Your CV
Technical Consultant CV Must-Haves
What Does a Technical Consultant Do?
Technical consulting can incorporate many different disciplines and industries, but in most cases, the consultant’s overall job is to help businesses increase technical proficiency, productivity, and efficiency. As a consultant, you may review and analyze a company’s IT equipment and network, business intelligence strategies, and overall operations to find areas for improvement. You may use a variety of problem-solving methods to suggest upgrades and improvements to operational procedures, IT networks, marketing strategies, and technical processes. As you can see in the technical consultant CV example, it’s essential to balance technical proficiency with results-oriented analysis abilities and interpersonal skills. Your job may require you to interact with both technical and nontechnical personnel in a teaching capacity, so be sure to include important soft skills, such as clear communication and explanation abilities.
Tips for Creating a Great Technical Consultant CV
Along with proofreading your CV for typos and grammatical mistakes, use these tips to tighten your writing for maximum impact:
– Market yourself in your Professional Summary by highlighting your unique skills and experiences. Showcase analysis methods and results, using real data and metrics wherever possible.
– Start each bullet in your Work History with a strong, descriptive action word. Good choices for technical consultants include analyzed, monitored, projected, developed, or implemented. Use present tense to describe your current job and past test for all previous positions.
– Follow standard formatting by listing your Work History in reverse chronological order and using an easy-to-read font.
– Include some personal information in the Hobbies and Interests section, but avoid mentioning politics, religion, and other topics that could be controversial.