Build Your CV
456 Smith Rd. ,San,Francisco
E: firstname.lastname@example.org P: 555-555-2455
Seasoned travel and tourism professional with more than 20 years’ experience assisting customers fulfill their domestic and international travel needs. Extensive knowledge of many of the top travel destinations and proficiency in the latest travel coordination and booking software. Gifted at developing custom-built travel itineraries that exceed expectations while still fitting into clients’ budgets. Dedicated to helping clients reach their dreams of traveling the world.
- Coordinate transportation, accommodations, and itineraries for domestic and international trips for clients based on client’s needs, budgets, and expectations.
- Develop client intake forms and interview processes that enhance the ability to understand client requirements and led to a 20 percent increase in customer satisfaction.
- Network with representatives of hotel chains, airlines, tourist attractions, and other destinations to create deals that saved clients and average of 25 percent per trip.
- Utilize the latest sales techniques to upsell products and services to enhance client’s overall experience.
- Managed 10 agents to ensure they properly handled client requests and fulfilled their duties as expected.
- Handled customer service issues, including unhappy clients, missed flights, overbooked hotels, mistakes in the itinerary, and other last-minute problems.
- Educated clients on travel requirements for international destinations, including visas, vaccinations, passports, and customs.
- Coordinated with vacation club members to book the flights, accommodations, and other components of their trips.
- Answered questions of current and prospective clients about the vacation club and the benefits of purchasing packages and experiences.
- Increased business by 25 percent through leveraging excellent customer service and sales negotiation skills to upsell products.
I love to travel, and I have visited every National Park in the country. In my spare time, I go hiking and enjoy being outdoors. I also love to bake and have participated in a few amateur cake-decorating competitions.
Build Your CV
Travel and Tourism CV Must-Haves
What Does Travel and Tourism Do?
Those who work in the travel and tourism field assist clients in coordinating trips to a variety of locations both domestically and internationally. As a travel consultant, you plan every component of a trip, including the transportation, accommodations, itinerary, and more. You might provide pre-determined experiences or custom-made itineraries. It is your responsibility to coordinate important requirements, such as vaccinations, visas, and passports. You might also choose to work for a particular attraction or location, assisting guests, answering questions, providing tours, and otherwise ensuring guests have an amazing experience. Because this is a client-centered job, you will want to emphasize your customer service experience and skills on your CV. You can get a better idea of what to include by reviewing the travel and tourism CV example.
Tips for Creating a Great Travel and Tourism CV
To take your CV to the next level, follow these guidelines:
-Spend time developing a strong Professional Summary statement since it is the place where you market yourself and detail why you should be hired. Consider focusing on your knowledge of attractions, your problem-solving skills, and your customer service expertise.
-Make sure to read through your CV a few times before you submit it. Any errors, misspellings, or other mistakes might lead to the hiring manager throwing out your CV before you have a chance to interview.
-When you write the work history section of your travel and tourism CV, do more than simply list your duties. Find ways to use metrics that demonstrate your abilities and accomplishments in your positions, such as increasing the number of tourists or client satisfaction.
-Avoid getting too personal, especially in the hobbies and interests section. Instead, use this space as a way to further highlight your abilities by including the hobbies or interests that utilize certain skills or character traits that are invaluable to the job.