Build Your CV
8821 North Main Street , Oakland, CA 22222
E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 555-782-9990
Dedicated waitress with six years of exemplary service in the food service industry. Committed to providing helpful, fast, and accurate service to patrons. Demonstrate active listening and communication skills to ensure patrons are satisfied and happy. Experience in various settings, including family restaurants, bars, cafeterias, banquets, and room service. Comfortable serving patrons of various age ranges and backgrounds. Determined team player striving to deliver the highest quality service alongside food service staff.
- Take orders from and serve food and beverages to patrons.
- Perform consistent check-ins with patrons to ensure satisfaction and address complaints swiftly.
- Answer questions about the menu and make recommendations when appropriate or requested.
- Prepare appetizers, salads, and cold dishes.
- Assist a team of hosts and hostesses by greeting, seating, and thanking customers.
- Communicate with kitchen staff directly and via computers.
- Cleaned tables, removed dirty dishes, and replaced table linens.
- Replenished clean linens, glassware, silverware, and dishes.
- Supplied service staff with food.
- Served patrons with water, coffee, and condiments.
- Cleaned and polished furniture, shelves, walls, and equipment.
- Stocked refrigerators with bottled beer and wines.
- Requested and recorded customer orders and totaled orders with cash registers.
- Notified kitchen staff of special orders and shortages.
- Supervised a team of six employees.
- Monitored and ordered food items and kitchen supplies.
- Brewed coffee and tea.
- Wrapped sandwiches, pastries, and hot entrees for serving.
- Balanced payments and receipts in cash registers.
- Prepared food items including salads, sandwiches, and desserts.
I go to the gym five days a week and spend my downtime doing yoga and biking. I volunteer for multiple community charities in my local community. I also enjoy cooking and researching traditional French cooking techniques.
Build Your CV
Waitress CV Must-Haves
What Does a Waitress Do?
To create a strong waitress CV, you need a solid understanding of tasks, responsibilities, and abilities that are crucial to the position in various settings. As a waitress, your core responsibilities are to take orders, serve food and beverages, check in with customers, collect payments, answer questions regarding menu items, set up dining areas, stock service areas, prepare tables, and perform cleaning duties. Depending on the establishment, waitresses may prepare certain food items, explain daily specials, and bring alcoholic beverages to tables. Checking with customers and ensuring satisfaction is a crucial part of the job and requires strong customer service skills. There are several sanitary, safety, and policy requirements that must be met by waitresses. Use this waitress CV example to see what you should include in your document.
Tips for Creating a Great Waitress CV
Keep these tips in mind when creating your CV to make sure it is strong:
– Remember the importance of formatting. Fonts should be no smaller than 10pt.
– CVs for entry-level positions should be one page, professional CVs should be two pages, and executive CVs can be three pages, if necessary.
– If your email address is unprofessional, consider making a new one with your first and last name.
– While you want to show your personality in your CV, particularly in the Professional Summary and Hobbies and Interests sections, you don’t want to include any controversial statements. Stay away from stating your religious or political viewpoints.
– Keep in mind that spellcheck doesn’t catch all mistakes. Proofread your document multiple times to catch grammar and spelling errors.
– Emphasize your interpersonal communication skills to show your ability to talk with and actively listen to patrons and coworkers.
– Your Professional Summary is a chance for you to sell yourself-don’t be shy.