Build Your CV
4321 Morse Road, Ashville, OH 99999
E: firstname.lastname@example.org P: 555-999-4029
Exceptionally skilled writer who is experienced in creating blog posts, website content, brochures, and a wide range of content for all types of businesses and organizations. Detail-oriented with strong attention to spelling, grammar, and syntax. Proficient in Microsoft programs, Adobe software, and social media platforms. Dedicated, responsible, and highly organized professional who can meet deadlines with time to spare. Fluent in Spanish and English.
- Write website copy to showcase the company’s products, services, and how they would benefit the customer.
- Present drafts of creative writing ideas to editors and project managers for approval.
- Create copy that strongly adheres to the company’s brand and tone of voice.
- Create fun and engaging social media posts that draw readers in and get them to interact.
- Created press releases, radio ad scripts, and website advertising copy to introduce the company’s newest products and entice new and established customers alike into purchasing them.
- Edited existing copy for established products to help them better reflect the company’s rebranding.
- Invented names and slogans that were both professional and memorable for the company and its products.
- Proofread CEO’s correspondence and provided him with ideas on how to make it more engaging and concise.
- Write blogs, e-books, and other types of content for a wide variety of clients in all types of industries.
- Rewrite and edit clients’ current web content, e-books, and social media profiles to be more engaging and interesting.
- Review trends in advertising to help clients come up with new methods of bringing in customers and clients.
- Ghostwrite novels for up-and-coming novelists who sometimes get stuck and need a fresh set of eyes.
In my free time, I enjoy taking creative writing courses and attending spoken word events at local colleges and coffee shops. I am currently writing a children’s book about a nervous dachshund as well as putting together ideas for my first young adult novel. When I’m not working with words, I enjoy binge watching my favorite Netflix shows.
Build Your CV
Writing CV Must-Haves
What Does Writing Do?
Writers are responsible for a wide range of tasks, depending on the type of company they are working for. Large corporations often hire writers to script their television and radio commercials as well as to write blog posts, social media posts, and website content. Smaller businesses may hire a freelance writer to create blog posts once per week or to freshen up website content every few months. Writers may edit and rewrite established content for a business and be expected to thoroughly proofread their own work. If you want to showcase your best writing skills, the writing CV example and tips and tricks for CVs should be your first stop.
Tips for Creating a Great Writing CV
– Do ensure that everything on your CV is grammatically correct and has perfect spelling. After all, it will essentially act as the first writing sample you provide to a potential employer.
– Don’t include any information indicating why you left a previous position, even if it was on good terms.
– Do use the professional summary to showcase your best skills and assets as well as to highlight the most prominent writing position or job you ever took on.
– Don’t include high school information or irrelevant extracurricular activities in your education section.
– Do provide a phone number and email address to make it easy for potential employers to contact you.