Professional Student Advisor dedicated to helping students achieve their potential. Adept in providing educational support and assistance to college students. Specializes in understanding university program requirements and providing career preparation services.
knowledge of student development
• Records management
• Vocational assessments
• Mock interviews
• Interpersonal communication
• Speaks French and Spanish
• Social media skills-research and computer skills
March 2006 to October 2010
Cityland Junior College — New Cityland, CA Student Advisor
• Assisted students with course registration.
• Offered degree-specific assistance for students choosing classes.
• Answered student questions about classes and degree requirements.
• Provided preparation for job interviews.
• Provided career counseling for college students.
• Helped students transition into college lifestyle.
• Facilitated on-campus programs to help students choose classes.
March 2010 to October 2014
Harris University — New Cityland, CA Student Advisor
• Encouraged students to meet educational goals.
• Identified at-risk students.
• Interpreted vocational assessments.
• Assisted students in writing resumes and cover letters.
• Facilitated successful workshops with high attendance rating.
• Oversaw students in a college work study program.
• Evaluated student transcripts and inquired about failed and incomplete grades.