Perfect Resume Example
209 West Haven Road, Columbus, OH 43085
Professional server with nine years of successful experience in fine dining restaurants. Knowledge of a variety of cooking techniques and high-quality ingredients. Dedication to providing top level customer service to all patrons and for all guests to feel special during their meal. Ability to upsell and increase average check amount with conversational recommendations and honest opinions.
• Extensive knowledge of wines
• Excellent people skills
• Strong oral communication ability• Dedication to top food and drink quality
• Attention to detail
• Sales ability
• Ability to diffuse conflicts
• Calm and friendly
• Critical thinking skills
• Proud member of a team
Server, Brighton’s, Columbus, OH – 2013-present
• Serve food and drinks to patrons in a fine dining restaurant with a focus on steak
• Recommend specific menu items depending on customer feedback and specials
• Train new employees in procedures, menu knowledge and sales techniques
• Use details from customer interactions to find upselling opportunities
• Check guest entrees and other items before serving to ensure the highest food quality
Server, Mariner Country Club, Columbus, OH – 2009-2013
• Set up special outdoor events for country club members, such as crab feasts, picnics and company parties
• Organized banquet style seating and serving for formal parties, like weddings, birthday celebrations or anniversaries
• Improved the diner satisfaction rate by 13 percent during the first three years of employment
• Achieved employee of the month three times • Developed a set of regular guests
Coursework in Business Administration, University of Ohio, Columbus, OH – 2009-2010
• Joined the Business Leader’s Society
• Completed classes in finance, marketing and management
Associate of Arts in Communication, Milton County Community College, Milton, OH – 2007-2009
• Ran the campus radio station
• Organized a variety of special events to help raise money for charitable associations
What to Notice in a Perfect Resume Example: Chronological Format
The chronological resume format is a great way to organize your professional and educational experiences within your resume. In the perfect resume example, everything is easy to follow because all of the details are listed by date. Chronological is typically in reverse time order for resumes. This means that you should first list your most recent job or educational achievement. Then, you go backward in time, starting with the earliest professional detail or school listing.
This type of format works because it places the most relevant experiences and educational credentials first. Your most recent experiences are the ones that may be most closely related to your next position of employment, so this is one reason why reverse chronological makes the most sense in resumes. In the perfect resume example, the work history goes back a few years. In order to make your resume more concise, you can stop your work history listings at 15 years prior to your present position. Anything older than that may not be as important in the hiring manager’s mind and won’t likely make a difference. Ideally, you want everything included to be related to the potential open position.
Perfect Resume Example: At a Glance
• Readability – Using chronological order in your resume is a great way to make your document easier to read and comprehend by the employer. Everything is formatted in a straightforward way.
• Work Experience – Start your chronological history with your professional experiences. Use your present job listing first and go backward from there.
• Educational History – Education should be written in the same time order to mirror the format for your work history.
• Current Details – This method of organization stresses the most recent details from your life and professional experience.
[Total: 1 Average: 2/5]