Perfect Resume Example
C- 123-456-7890 email: email@example.com
Outgoing problem-solver committed to improving the lives of underprivileged families through housing improvement programs and mental health outreach. Extensive training in the construction industry and strong counseling and research skills.
• Creating a welcoming and safe environment for counseling clients
• Developing action plans for addressing client concerns
• Researching, analyzing, and presenting information
• Home construction fundamentals
• 3-D modeling using CAD
• Certified in HVAC installation and home inspection
Tom’s Website Wizardry. Frederick, MD. 2013-2016. Freelance Website Design.
• Built websites for clients in the education, construction, government, and medical industries.
• Researched and wrote website content based on client preferences.
• Optimized website content for search engines using Google Analytics.
• Grew client base from 15 to 90 customers over 15-month period.
Jones Solutions. Frederick, MD. 2013-2014. IT Worker.
• Provided technical support for employees of an engineering company.
• Built and maintained company order portal.
• Provided technical support to customers experiencing difficulty with order portal.
• Maintained computer hardware and software company-wide.
Peer Counseling Center. Towson, MD. 2010-2013. Peer Counselor.
• Served as a helpful resource for peers struggling with personal and academic issues.
• Listened to peer problems actively, modeling communication style after humanistic treatment model.
• Connected students with mental health professionals when necessary.
• Spearheaded the Know Your Peers awareness campaign, which increased Peer Counseling Center visitors by 30% from previous semester.
Bombadil Construction. Frederick, MD. 2008-2015. Construction Assistant.
• Modeled custom home designs for clients using CAD software.
• Poured foundations, erected framework, and laid insulation.
• Laid plumbing and electric, hung drywall, and installed roofing and siding.
• Received positive customer satisfaction rating in 100% of customers surveyed.
Towson University, Towson, MD. 2009-2013. B.S. in Psychology
What to Notice in a Perfect Resume Example: Chronological-Functional Format
In the perfect resume example above, Thomas has a lot of experience, but not a lot of consistency. Based on his summary statement, he appears to be applying to an organization that assists families in difficult circumstances by providing for their physical and emotional needs. In order to make himself stand out to this employer, he has to demonstrate how each of his unique experiences contributes to make him an ideal candidate.
After Thomas’s college graduation in 2013, he quickly began working in the IT department for an engineering firm. After leaving the IT position, he continued to run his own freelance web design business, where he utilized a diverse skill set. Thomas also spent many years with a construction company, where he developed proficiency in multiple disciplines that are likely to be relevant to the employer.
Thomas also has his degree in psychology and spent several years as a peer counselor at his university. This demonstrates that he has knowledge and experience of how to assist people through difficult times. Throughout the perfect resume example, Thomas includes measurable results of his work, such as when the program he spearheaded increased visitors to his counseling center.
Perfect Resume Example: At a Glance
• Use a summary statement to tie diverse experiences together and highlight unique characteristics.
• Offer measurable results of your work whenever possible.
• Incorporate all relevant skills and provide examples of when you used them at work.
• Remember to mention any relevant training, certifications, and licenses that you hold.