Build My Resume
Manhattan, KS 11111
E: ecastillo@anymail P: 555-555-5541
Detail-oriented support analyst passionate about providing exemplary support of corporate IT system applications. Skilled in code testing, application documentation, and software installations. Committed to bringing professionals together to solve application issues in the most expedient way possible with the best long-term results.
- • Extensive support process experience
• Experience planning, facilitating, documenting, and managing the business, functional, and technical requirements.
• Knowledgeable about test case planning, development, and execution
• Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
• Able to coordinate team members to solve work objectives within deadlines
• Detail-oriented and analytical
• Decreased work outages by 30 percent by reducing outages and keeping applications fully updated.
• Review business requirements qualification documentation from Business Analyst for adherence to platform direction and provide additional documentation as necessary
• Install new hardware or software systems and components, ensuring their integration with existing network systems by testing them before going live.
• Coordinate with application vendors and contractors to assure services and equipment installations are completed to pre-established parameters.
• Analyze the security of the network, install security software and firewall capabilities, and address any security breaches.
• Meet with user groups to ascertain their connectivity needs and issues, and formulate a plan to address them that complies with overall company objectives.
• Installed and repaired network cables and test to verify functionality.
• Created or made updates of technical documentation for changes in the system such as network installations or changes in the form of updates or patches.
• Trained front-end users in new network procedures and software applications on a one-to-one basis as well as in groups.
• Backed up data in the network and documented all network support actions.
• Documented help desk requests and the resulting services rendered, including monthly network report compilations.
Build My Resume
15 Tips to Write Your Application Support Analyst Resume
1. The stand-alone objective statement is not needed, as the hiring manager knows that your objective is to get a job with the company. Also, refrain from stating that references are available as that is already understood as well.
2. Don’t go over three sentences or three bullet points to keep this succinct.
3. Write your resume in the first person and in a professional tone, like the application support analyst resume template for Word.
4. Use the summary section to provide an overview of the most important skills and experience that you have that are needed in the position you are applying for.
5. Write this section with six to eight bullet points with short phrases that are able to be quickly read by the resume reader.
6. Consult the job description to find key phrases to list your skills with.
7. Make sure that you emphasize your strongest skills in this section, with a combination of technical and soft skills as seen in the application support analyst resume template for Word.
Work Experience Section
8. Start each point of your work experience with a strong action verb.
9. Use metrics whenever possible that highlight contributions that you made to the company you worked for, like in the application support analyst resume template for Word.
10. List the dates of employment, but never the hours per week you worked or the salary you made.
11. List your work experience in reverse chronological order, with your current position first.
12. Include 5 to 8 bullet points for each job section, and end each one with a period.
13. Only include education and certifications that are relevant to the job you are applying for; your high school information will rarely be required.
14. In addition to double-checking your writing, have a friend or family member read your resume for readability and professionalism.
15. Do not include your grade point average on your resume unless you are a recent graduate.
Taking the time to research how to write your resume in the correct professional format will help you craft a document that you can be proud of submitting with your job applications. The application support analyst resume template for Word and writing tips will help you to identify your strengths and express the content that is relevant to the type of positions you are applying for, giving you a better chance at landing an interview.