Build My Resume
Boulder, CO 11111
E: matt_davidson@anymail T: 555-345-9687
Expert data analyst with years of experience working with a variety of data sources, targets, and project objectives and a thorough understanding of analytical best practices and common software programs. Proven ability to discover relevant trends and correlations to answer client requests and create accurate projections and models. Excellent communication skills to explain technical analysis conclusions to clients in meaningful ways.
- ? Proficient with MATLAB, Mathcad, SQL, and proprietary data analysis programs
? Excellent understanding of data modeling to recognize trends and patterns
? Strong written and verbal communication skills
? Effective data collection and analysis abilities
? Presentation skills to share analysis results with diverse audiences
? Excellent time management and multitasking
? Train junior analysts to model data correctly, make accurate correlations and predictions, and use software programs.
? Find trends and patterns in data and draw conclusions to increase knowledge of specific targets.
? Prepare reports and presentations for clients.
? Create an internal database of common data sources and targets to increase analysts’ knowledge base and improve the efficiency of research procedures.
? Determined reliability and relevance of data in relation to requested analysis parameters and objectives.
? Analyzed sources and data separately and together to form comprehensive summaries and answer specific requests for information.
? Authored technical reports and multimedia presentations to share analysis findings with clients.
? Recommended changes to list of authorized data sources and provided verified reasons for sources to be added or removed.
? Participated in a mentorship program with senior analysts to learn analysis methodologies and become familiar with various data sets.
? Prepared detailed presentations to summarize analysis results.
? Received outstanding scores on the written exam and comprehensive final project for the internship program.
Build My Resume
15 Tips to Write Your Data Analyst Resume
1. Use the summary statement to highlight a few key skills and accomplishments to set the stage for the rest of the document.
2. This section should be three bullet points or sentences, and you can use sentence fragments if you want.
3. As you can see in the data analyst resume template for Word, include your soft skills as well as technical abilities.
4. If you’re discussing your years of experience in a field, use the correct phrasing: “years of experience” or “years’ experience.”
5. Only include skills that are relevant to the job for which you are applying, and describe them using phrasing and keywords from the job listing.
6. As in the data analyst resume template for Word, use bullet points with short phrases rather than full sentences.
7. List proficiency with specific programs and equipment related to your industry, but leave out expected skills such as knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Work Experience Section
8. Don’t go overboard with the bullet points by listing every single detail of previous jobs. Instead, choose the most relevant facts and use five to eight points for each position.
9. Include non-traditional work experience, such as volunteering, especially if you don’t have a lot of related work history. Be sure to highlight transferrable skills and showcase exceptional performance.
10. Use reverse chronological order, starting with your current or most recent job, and start each line with a strong verb.
11. Write in present tense when describing your current position and use past tense for all previous jobs.
12. Use metrics whenever possible to help the hiring manager understand the positive impact you could have on the company.
13. As shown in the data analyst resume template for Word, use reverse chronological order for your education section.
14. Unless you are a current student or very recent graduate, leave out your GPA, and don’t mention high school if you have a college degree.
15. Include relevant education outside of a formal degree program, such as certification courses and professional development classes.
A successful job search starts with an attractive resume that can stand apart from other candidates and encourage the hiring manager to call you for an interview. As you can see in the data analyst resume template for Word, a strong document highlights your most relevant work experience and showcases your professional achievements. Use your summary statement to market yourself, and keep the work experience, skills, and education sections concise. Crafting a strong resume gets you one step closer to landing the job you want.