Build My Resume
E: sfarlington@anymail P: 555-500-5000
Experienced data analyst with knowledge of all major data systems seeking to provide quality support for a growing company with large data needs. Versed in multiple operating systems in programing languages and committed to staying up to date on data advances. Experienced with working on teams and as a team leader.
- • Basic and advanced troubleshooting
• Critical thinking
• Attention to detail
• Strong communication skills
• Oral comprehension
• Quick decision-making
• Excellent time management
• Analyze user logs to better understand what data is being accessed and how to speed up data requests.
• Monitor new database employees and offer guidance and reading materials to help them succeed in their career.
• Attended monthly status meetings to discuss budget concerns and new hardware and software needs.
• Update best-practices manual based on new technological advances.
• Identified and rated high-priority IT requests to improve customer satisfaction ratings by 15 percent.
• Managed three IT teams to help with big data issues and their resolutions. Held rotating meetings with these teams so they could coordinate better.
• Compiled monthly reports to put together troubleshooting methods for future use.
• Created a program to take old IT requests and collate maintenance schedules to keep hardware issues to a minimum.
• Researched technology advances to better advise companies in their purchasing decisions.
• Networked with national and international computing companies at seminars and conferences.
• Created advertising for use locally and online.
• Maintained detailed financial records for budgeting and taxation purposes.
Build My Resume
15 Tips to Write Your Data Canter Engineer Resume
1. To make your statement short and easy to read, use only three sentences or bullet points. You can see this in the above data center engineer resume template for Word.
2. These sentences are allowed to be fragments, so you don’t overuse personal pronouns.
3. Do not use third person to describe yourself. For example, write “engage customers at the door” instead of “engages customers at the door.”
4. Use your summary statement to sell yourself; this should not merely by an objective statement. Hiring managers know your objective; they want to know more about who you are.
5. Keep your list items succinct and pointed, with no periods. This makes them easier to read.
6. Read the job description closely for key points. Include those in your resume exactly as they show up on the description.
7. Use three to eight skills that reflect your abilities and are relevant to the job, like in the data center engineer resume template for Word above.
Work Experience Section
8. Begin with your most recent or current position and work backwards through your work history as in the data center engineer template for Word.
9. Put metrics whenever possible. Ask yourself questions like, “How many employees did I oversee?” or “How much money did I save the company?” to identify important metrics.
10. Use between five and eight bullets to describe your experience and accomplishments. Don’t let these sound generic; use specific projects and instances in your past.
11. Start every bullet point with a strong action verb instead of passive voice, like the words “maintained,” “analyzed,” and “compiled” in the above data center engineer resume template for Word above.
12. Even if your work experiences are very similar, don’t use the same words over and over. Use a thesaurus to find replacements.
13. If you haven’t completed your degree, put your anticipated completion date or list the degree as “in progress.”
14. Do not include your college GPA unless you are a recent graduate. You can mention honors such as cum laude.
15. If a college degree is required for the job you want, then don’t list your high school accomplishments. Keep this section relevant to the job.
When you start writing your data center engineer resume, use the tips above to perfect your formatting in a way that is appealing to hiring managers. Your resume is meant to sell you to an employer, so keep positive in writing your skills and accomplishments. The data center engineer resume template for Word above shows you how to organize each section. When your resume stands out for being clearly written and professionally formatted, you improve your job outlook and increase your chances for an interview.