Build My Resume
Irvine, CA 11111
E: jcrawford@anymail T: 555-555-1234
Quality assurance team lead with over five years of experience in designing test scripts, plans, and procedural follow-up ready to bring a customer-oriented approach to your next title launch. Careful attention to the gaming world details and a real-world focus on usability, graphic user interface, hardware, and performance will ensure your next product launches smoothly. Exceptional in leading a team of QA professionals to personal and organizational success.
- ? Coordinate and lead the design and execution of test plans, usability scenarios, and testing procedures
? Proficient with common performance testing tools JMeter and Loadrunner
? Familiar with various automation testing such as test-driven development, behavior-driven development, and data-driven development
? Participate in product design reviews to be an advocate for the customer
? Excellent troubleshooting and critical thinking abilities
? Broad knowledge of several PC and console games
? Drive all test activities from planning, test scripts, execution, reporting, and bug closure.
? Collaborate with other QA and development teams in the company to create long-term strategy for ongoing QA product support as needed.
? Analyze system loads and limitations for each product release and report on risk to top managerial staff.
? Preserve knowledge of currently used company QA and development tools while keeping abreast of current technology updates in the field that may be of better use.
? Advocate for the customer experience at all times.
? Mastered all elements of a title’s functionality to ensure that it adhered to compliance test cases, which included user interface, hardware requirements, gameplay, and chat functions.
? Provided accurate and detailed reports of all bugs found during testing with steps to recreate when possible.
? Reproduced and retested all reported bugs before launch to secure a top-quality title.
? Kept apprised of all company compliance documentation updates to make sure quality standards were consistently met.
Build My Resume
15 Tips to Write Your Game Tester Resume
1. If you are stating years of experience, make sure you are grammatically correct and use “years of experience” or “years’ experience” as seen in the game tester resume template for Word, not “years experience.”
2. Consider what skills and experience matter most in your target industry and then highlight those you possess.
3. Sentence fragments are okay to use in this section.
4. Keep your summary statement brief. It can be three sentences or bullet points but should not exceed that whichever format you use.
5. Don’t include skills that could be considered controversial. While raising money for a religion or political organization may demonstrate initiative, it could also give someone a reason to turn you down if he or she disagrees with your cause.
6. Write down key phrases in the job description. This is what a manager will be looking for in your resume. Include them again, exactly as written, in your skills section.
7. Only include those skills that are applicable to the position such as those in the game tester resume template for Word.
Work Experience Section
8. Think active voice and begin each bullet with an action verb. For example, you managed the team, not the team was managed by you.
9. People hire performers, so use metrics whenever possible to state exactly what you did in measurable amounts. How many test plans did you develop or tickets did you close?
10. You do not want your work experience section to read like a job description. Be as specific as possible on projects you worked on, accomplishments, and any progress you achieved.
11. Read carefully through the section after your first draft. If the same word is used too many times, use your thesaurus to vary it.
12. You should always use concise bullets for this section and never paragraphs.
13. There is no need to include your high school education if a college degree is required.
14. Any relevant professional certifications or licenses may be placed in the education section or you may create their own section, as demonstrated in the game tester resume template for Word.
15. If putting a graduation date on your education creates a large resume gap, you may leave it off.
Before you are able to obtain a career in the gaming industry, you need to know which tools of the trade you should learn and showcase. Jump start or continue your game tester career by using the game tester resume template for Word to highlight your quality assurance skills and work experience. The recommended sections and writing tips inside now put you closer to the job of your dreams in the exciting world of the testing games.