Build My Resume
San Mateo, CA 11111
E: skumar@anymail P: 555-555-8704
Experienced software development professional passionate about learning new coding skills, focused on delivering value with timely development of solutions exactly tailored to user specifications and business requirements. Able to work independently or with a team to prioritize and resolve application issues or optimize systems. Proven excellence in developing distributed computing systems, shell scripting, and configuring complex file structures.
- • Extensive experience in large development initiatives with distributed systems applications built with Hadoop
• Proven success in coding, testing, and debugging Java, J2EE & database applications
• Readily work with teams to prioritize, plan, and implement development solutions
• Detail-oriented to successfully investigate and troubleshoot system performance issues
• Experienced with a wide array of programming languages, including shell scripting using Unix and Python
• Able to optimize system performance with TWS/d job scheduler automation tool
• Lead project teams, collaborating with colleagues to best use developer resources through creative problem-solving skills and agile methodologies to innovate efficiently.
• Provide oversight and technical guidance to junior staff across multiple projects.
• Use strong written and verbal communication skills to write reports and make presentations to a variety of staff, clients, and stakeholders.
• Comply with and promote developer best practices and guidelines for application design through deployment.
• Served as primary support staff for application issues and system outages to limit downtime and increase business user satisfaction.
• Monitor software for issues and make modifications to ensure that all system applications are optimized for quick and accurate performance.
• Updated the financial data platform to include Hadoop and an Enterprise Data configuration.
• Prioritized system issues in order to maximize all high function tasks, improving overall system predictability.
Build My Resume
15 Tips to Write Your Hadoop Developer Resume
1. Start off your resume with this statement, which should act like a traditional elevator pitch, offering a snapshot of your most employable qualities.
2. Stay succinct by limiting this statement to three sentences or bullet points, like the Hadoop developer resume template for Word.
3. While a statement of objective was at one time considered standard, these days it is outdated unless you are changing careers.
4. Sentence fragments are fine to use in the summary section, but be sure to write in the first person without personal pronouns.
5. Use short phrases without periods at the end to list your skills.
6. Make sure the skills you list are relevant to the position you are interested in.
7. Include relevant keywords and jargon from the job description to help describe your strong points.
Work Experience Section
8. Use reverse chronological order to list your work experience, as seen on the Hadoop developer resume template for Word.
9. List your experience with bullet points, start each point with a strong action verb such as “promoted” or “prioritized,” and end each with a period.
10. Keep the experience list for each job to about five to eight points long.
11. Wherever it is possible to provide specific metrics of your accomplishments, do so.
12. Include work experience that is technical in nature, and some experience of communicating and working with others.
13. List all education relevant to the job you are applying for, even certifications earned, like in the Hadoop developer resume template for Word, but do not mention assumed information such as your high school graduation.
14. Place all entries in the education section in reverse chronological order, with the most recent education first.
15. Unless you are a recent graduate, do not include your college grade point average on your resume, but if you graduated with honors such as magna or summa cum laude, feel free to list that.
Researching and writing your resume can be a long and intensive process, but it is a necessary step in making a great impression with the hiring manager to move forward in the job application process. This Hadoop developer resume template for Word and associated resume writing tips will inspire you to get writing. With a professional and well-written resume that outlines your skills, experience, and education, you will be ready to apply for a job working with big data.