Build My Resume
E: adam.park@anymail P: 555-831-2864
Knowledgeable and reliable IT support technician with more than 10 years’ experience working with end users and systems administrators. Passionate about helping companies develop technology systems and plans that increase employee efficiency. Perceptive communicator accustomed to working with users of all skill and technology comfort levels.
- • Cisco Certified Network Professional
• Expertise in Microsoft Office, Quicken, FileMaker Pro, network applications, Adobe Suite
• Diverse network skills, including wiring, networked printers, firewall configuration, router setup, DHCP, DNS
• Remote support and device monitoring in Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Android environments
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills when interacting with end users, managers, and trainees
• Comprehensive server support knowledge, including SharePoint, Exchange, SQL, Windows, Hyper-V
• Support five help desk technicians with prioritization and escalation of tasks.
• Manage DNS records, SSL certificates, and accountability for all serialized hardware and software.
• Install wiring as needed and support end users in implementing new network connections.
• Create Active Directory security policy for on-boarding new employees.
• Supervise professional and personal growth and development of junior technicians.
• Conducted needed repairs and set up new customer equipment at store with an average turnaround time of 24-48 hours.
• Advised customers on computer part purchases based on individualized assessment of needs and requests.
• Transitioned from part-time assistant to lead repair technician.
• Supervised three assistant technicians in computer repairs and customer service.
• Managed direct deposits of customer payments.
• Assisted with both hardware and software issues and answered customer queries regarding setup and use.
• Repaired customer computers on site and at place of business.
• Provided customer service by phone, e-mail, and in person.
Build My Resume
15 Tips to Write Your IT Support Technician Resume
1. Highlight the skills most relevant to your potential employers.
2. Keep this section concise and to the point, no more than three sentences or bullet point statements.
3. Customize this section based on the position you’re applying for.
4. it’s fine to use incomplete sentences. This allows you to put more information in a shorter space.
5. You can be both specific and broad here. In the IT support technician resume template for Word, there are general skills (strong communication) as well as precise skills (remote support and device monitoring).
6. Consider grouping your skills according to category. You should include no more than 8-10 bullet points.
7. Include key terms and phrases as stated in the job description.
Work Experience Section
8. There’s no need to include all work experience in this section. it’s a good idea to outline experience going back about 10 years.
9. If you held a relevant position more than a decade ago, you can list it in an additional experience section or opt to remove dates from positions listed beneath your current job.
10. Use reverse chronological order, with your most recent or current position listed first, as shown on our IT support technician resume template for Word.
11. Keep this section readable by using strong action verbs to start each bullet point. Your resume may be viewed by a recruiter who will quickly decide whether to pass it along. Action words have more impact.
12. Include measurable data whenever possible. This includes information that answers questions like “How many?” or “How much?Â”
13. If you acquired your degree more than 25 years ago, you can opt to leave the date off. The name of the educational institution and the title of your degree or certificate can suffice.
14. Although our IT support technician resume template for Word displays one educational institution, you can list all relevant educational credentials here. Put them in reverse chronological order.
15. Leave off certifications or degrees irrelevant to the position you’re seeking. The short story workshop you participated in during high school may hold fond memories, but it’s better left off a professional resume.
Crafting a resume that gets you noticed may seem overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be a daunting task. Just remember to keep all sections of your resume, from the summary statement to your work experience, relevant to the position you’re applying for. By referring to our IT support technician resume template for Word and additional resume writing tips, you should be well on your way to landing that great new job you’ve been hoping for.