Build My Resume
E: sarajohns1@anymail P: 555-222-3232
Professional programmer with over ten years of experience in programming technology. Extensive knowledge of multiple industry languages and databases, and able to learn new programming languages and work independently. Multitasker, detail-oriented, and able to work accurately and efficiently.
- •Strong knowledge of SQL experience and rational database concepts
•Experience with SAS Macro, SAS Base, SPSS, GIS, and ODS
•SAS Certified Advanced Programmer
•Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple timelines and deliverables
•Excellent oral and written communication skills
•Extremely precise and able to detect subtle data inconsistencies
•Able to work as a team as well as with minimal supervision
•Develop test data and program custom data files, data integration, and SDTM.
•Define specifications and generate reports to facilitate SAE reconciliation, investigator payments, medical coding, and data review; support programming activities for coding group.
•Develop quality control test plans, perform independent testing, and complete documentation for SAS code installs, utilizing management software.
•Design project budget and perform projections on a monthly basis; attend client and internal team meetings; file project documentation on an ongoing basis and perform final archival activity at project close.
•Wrote SAS programs to generate analysis datasets, listings, and tables; developed SAS macros and templates for data quality control, data cleaning, and reporting.
•Worked with IT and business units to complete various projects in a timely manner; assisted with analyses of data in order to support program evaluations.
•Identified prospects to enhance online tool functionality and standardized reports for future development.
•Helped conduct studies by leading study design and advising study decisions; collected data and published research findings.
Build My Resume
15 Tips to Write Your SAS Programmer Resume
1. This is often the only part of a resume that a hiring manager will read, so make sure it highlights why you would be a good fit for the job.
2. Include some specific relevant skills, your career history overview, and some soft skills that demonstrate you are a qualified candidate.
3. Write no more than three sentences or bullet points to keep it concise and easy to read.
4. Write in first person, omitting pronouns, and use sentence fragments. Get an idea of how this looks in the SAS programmer resume template for Word.
5. You may have a variety of skills, but only include the ones that are relevant to the job you are applying to, listing the most important ones first.
6. Look at the job description and use key phrases in your skills section.
7. As is demonstrated in the SAS programmer resume template for Word, use bullet points with short phrases.
Work Experience Section
8. List a minimum of two work experiences, but make sure they are recent positions and relevant to the job at hand.
9. Use strong action verbs at the beginning of each bullet point. For example, good verbs include designed, motivated, prepared, outlined, programmed, and planned.
10. When you can, use numbers and metric quantifiers to demonstrate your results and accomplishments.
11. Leave out supervisor’s contact information, salaries, and reasons you left past positions.
12. As you can see in the SAS programmer resume template for Word, dates should be included for each job. You can choose to list both month and year or just the year, but make sure you keep it consistent for each position.
13. Including graduation dates is not required, although you can reference them if you would like.
14. Mention all college experience, including degrees and coursework, that relate to the job you are applying to, but Don’t list high school unless it is all you have.
15. Feel free to list seminars, continuing education training, and other relevant courses.
It may feel daunting to create a professional document that will stand out over the competition, but take the opportunity to state your skills and accomplishments. Doing so will show hiring managers and potential employers that you are a serious candidate. Using strategies outlined in the SAS programmer resume template for Word will ensure that your resume is of high quality. Rest assured that following the writing tips will put you one step closer to landing an interview.