Build My Resume
E: email@example.com P: 555-555-1111
SharePoint developer with six years of experience designing and implementing business solutions using SharePoint. Mastery of SharePoint Designer. Comprehensive knowledge of installing and configuring web apps, including third-party apps. A strong communicator adept at facilitating one-on-one or group meetings as needed to understand business needs.
- • MCSE — SharePoint 2013
• MCT — Microsoft Certified Trainer
• MCP — Office 365
• VisualStudio and SharePoint Developer InfoPath
• Documentation and Reporting
• .Net Development
• Federal and State compliance
• Hardware and software security
• Collaborate with third-party clients to streamline data processing procedures and maximize quality control.
• Schedule, facilitate, and lead periodic SharePoint training and refresher sessions for new users.
• Configure services and settings, including modifying and maintaining individual user permissions.
• Work with individual employees to determine which SharePoint features can help them to better perform tasks that relate to their job function.
• Document and report SharePoint configurations and architecture.
• Develop workflows for approval of accounting data in shared Excel spreadsheets.
• Handled escalated issues with customer or contractor concerns.
• Reached out to customers whose applications were incomplete or required special consideration.
• Led weekly meetings to share department updates, and facilitated discussion among team members.
• Processed incentive applications for utility customers across Washington and Oregon.
• Held office hours twice a week to give students one-on-one assistance.
• Collaborated with instructors and other assistants to develop effective study guides and other course materials.
• Assisted in proctoring and grading exams for a course of 300+ students.
Build My Resume
15 Tips to Write Your SharePoint Developer Resume
1. Don’t include an objective statement. If the hiring manager is looking at your resume, he or she already knows that you want the position.
2. Avoid using overly formal language or too much industry jargon. Try to keep your writing succinct and direct yet professional and interesting.
3. Similarly, avoid clichÃ©s. Phrases like team player, detail-oriented, go-to person, and strategic thinker are overused and vague.
4. Keep your summary statement brief. A good general rule is not to go beyond three sentences or bullet points.
5. As shown in the SharePoint developer resume template for word, use bullet points to make the document easier to scan.
6. Review the job description carefully for words that are emphasized or repeated. Include these exactly as they appear.
7. Reference the position listing to get a good idea of what skills the company values most. Lead this section with the skills that you have, starting with the most impressive.
Work Experience Section
8. Make sure to list past positions in reverse chronological order, beginning with the most recent.
9. Generally, you are expected to include only the jobs held within the past 10-15 years. Additionally, you should not include positions that are irrelevant to the posted listing.
10. Note that our example SharePoint developer resume template for Word uses figures to describe the candidate’s experience. Quantifying your accomplishments helps employers get a better picture of your impact on the job.
11. If you have not held any positions that match up with the job description, make sure that your resume focuses on skills or projects that required comparable abilities or experience.
12. Begin each bullet point with an action verb, such as “developed,” “reported,” or “analyzed.” This puts the emphasis on your agency and helps to keep your sentences succinct and direct.
13. As shown in our SharePoint developer resume template for Word, put the education section after your work experience section.
14. Instead of listing your GPA, focus on including any academic honors that you may have received.
15. You only need to include education that is applicable to the present position. In cases where a college degree is required, you do not need to list your high school diploma.
Even well-qualified, confident candidates often struggle to create an effective resume that is streamlined yet comprehensive. Striking just the right balance can be difficult. Using the SharePoint developer resume template and the above tips can help you break down the process into smaller, easier-to-write sections. Remember to use bullet points, numbers and metrics, and strong actions words, and avoid jargon and clichÃ©s. Good work on getting started. You are now one step closer to landing the job you are aiming for.