Build My Resume
Portland, Oregon 11111
E: email@example.com P: 555-774-1122
Talented technical consultant working in the IT field for 10 years. Well-versed in communicating with clients, developing project plans, determining clients’ technology needs, and designing and installing new systems. Seasoned professional offering exceptional technical knowledge, communication skills, and analytical abilities, with a career history of exceeding expectations.
- • Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities
• Goal- and detail-oriented
• SQL and Oracle
• JAVA, HTML, and C++
• Windows applications and servers
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Outstanding time management abilities
• Solid customer service experience
• Learn about the work and nature of clients’ businesses to better understand their technological needs and to clarify system specifications.
• Analyze the information technology requirements of various companies and provide objective advice on technology use.
• Present solutions to clients and businesses using oral and written reports.
• Design, install, test, and monitor new systems, ensuring function, security, and accuracy.
• Develop training materials for clients and other consultants.
• Oversaw the configuration and installation of new systems and customized them according to business needs.
• Researched emerging technologies to determine how their incorporation into organizations would increase efficiency and effectiveness.
• Conducted tests on systems to ensure they were performing according to specifications.
• Prepared cost and benefit analysis reports for management so they could determine if installing upgraded IT systems would be a worthwhile investment.
• Answered client calls to provide advice and solutions to technical problems.
• Tested and analyzed existing network systems to check for issues and potential security threats.
• Set up and repaired computer equipment and other devices.
• Trained users and clients to work with newly installed software and hardware.
• Troubleshot wide area networks, internet systems, and local area networks.
Build My Resume
15 Tips to Write Your Technical Consultant Resume
1. Use your summary statement to provide a brief overview of your relevant work history and skills. This is your chance to market yourself.
2. Keep your summary short and succinct. Limit it to only three bullet points or sentences to effectively convey your message.
3. Write in first person and utilize sentence fragments for conciseness, as shown in the technical consultant resume template for Word.
4. You do not need to include an objective statement here, unless you are seeking an entry-level position or changing careers. A quick professional summary will do nicely.
5. Use key phrases from the job description in your skills section, writing them how they appear in the posting.
6. Remember to include your most relevant skills that are needed for the job, listing the most important ones first.
7. Use bullet points to lay out your skills. Use words and short phrases and Don’t include periods in this section, as shown in the technical consultant resume template for Word.
Work Experience Section
8. Use metrics to showcase any accomplishments you have. Think numbers here, as they will provide potential employers with specifics.
9. Begin each responsibility or accomplishment with an effective action verb, such as managed, installed, tested, consulted, and performed.
10. Include five to eight points for each position, mixing responsibilities and accomplishments if possible.
11. If you have had similar responsibilities in multiple positions, avoid repeating yourself and change up your wording for each.
12. Don’t use abbreviations in the work experience section unless they are well known.
13. List only relevant education in this section. As shown in the technical consultant resume template for Word, the applicant has a bachelor’s degree, so he did not list his high school diploma.
14. If you like, you can add academic honors in this section. Unless you have recently graduated, Don’t include your GPA.
15. If you are working on another degree, mention that it is in progress and add an anticipated graduation year.
If you need some tips and inspiration for resume writing, the template and guidelines above can be quite helpful. Remember, your resume is your way of leaving hiring managers with a good first impression of yourself, so ensure you include the proper information in the appropriate sections. Keep it clear and understandable, and include accomplishments when you can. Now that you have these useful tips and the template for ideas, you can begin writing and move a step closer to securing a job you will enjoy.