Build My Resume
E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 706-555-1234
Detail-oriented, customer-focused technical support professional with experience delivering first-class service and solutions for clients in the retail and insurance fields. Patient provider of troubleshooting, diagnosis, problem-solving, and instruction through telephone, email, live chat, and in person. Skilled communicator and negotiator with excellent time and resource management abilities.
- •Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/XP/7/8/10, MacOS X, UNIX
•Remote Desktop Software: LogMeIn
•Productivity Software: Microsoft Office, OpenOffice, IBM Notes
•Browsers: Firefox, Chrome, Safari
•Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
•Technical and user documentation
•End user instruction
•Troubleshoot and resolve issues with order placement, product lookup, and shipping method selection.
•Teach customers basic functions step by step, such as ordering and choosing shipping options.
•Write technical documentation and update the contact center’s knowledge base entries.
•Attained average customer satisfaction ratings of 93 percent during the previous two years.
•Diagnosed and solved common and complex problems such as password resets, lack of network connectivity, and application malfunctions.
•Instructed end users in typical processes such as printing, saving to network drives, creating reports, and performing specialized functions in company proprietary applications.
•Gained an average customer satisfaction rating of 90 percent.
•Increased average monthly first call resolution rates to 91 percent over a two-year timespan.
•Configured and deployed new in-store workstations, printers, and peripherals.
•Created an in-house tech support ticketing system that improved problem resolution times by 50 percent over a one-year period.
•Upgraded the store’s website to include full e-commerce shopping and payment capabilities.
•Achieved a customer satisfaction rating of 90 percent consistently during a three-year period.
Build My Resume
15 Tips to Write Your Technical Support Resume
1. Objective statements have been abandoned in favor of summary statements, which call immediate attention to your most relevant skills. When writing yours, think of it as a “quick pitch” to convince a recruiter to keep reading.
2. Keep your summary concise, written in bullet point statements or three sentences in paragraph form.
3. it’s perfectly fine to word your summary statement in sentence fragments.
4. As the candidate has done in this technical support resume template for word, craft your sentences or statements using first person verbs and no pronouns.
5. Review the job description for any important key phrases or words. Attempt to incorporate these in your own skills list, matching their precise phrasing from the job posting.
6. Try to include at least six bullet points in this section.
7. Be sure your list stays relevant. In this technical support resume template for Word, you’ll note that our jobseeker has only included his technical abilities and appropriate soft skills.
Work Experience Section
8. List your work experience in reverse chronological order, beginning with your latest position.
9. Include between five and eight bullet point statements per job, and start each one with a strong action verb.
10. Don’t just limit your work history to each position’s fundamental duties and responsibilities. Mention significant achievements and quantifiable metrics whenever possible.
11. A thesaurus can be your best friend when you’re writing your resume. Turn to it for help in varying your word choice to avoid letting your prose sound repetitive or stale, and start each bullet with a strong action verb.
12. Use present tense verbs for your current job experience and past tense verbs for your past positions.
13. As shown in this technical support resume template for Word, your relevant educational experience should be included in reverse chronological order.
14. If your industry or target jobs usually require college degrees, it’s unnecessary to refer to your high school diploma.
15. Be consistent with the method you use to detail the locations and dates of the degrees and certificates you’ve earned.
By following the useful suggestions in our technical support resume template for Word, you’re taking a vital step towards landing a lucrative job opportunity. A few key things to take away from our advice include the use of strong professional language, calling attention to your most germane skills and experience, and demonstrating specific accomplishments from your career history. Don’t forget to revise your document before releasing it into the wild. The time you take to craft and polish your resume into a stellar document will be worth the potential results.