Build My Resume
E: email@example.com T: 555-222-2222
Professional web developer familiar with both front- and back-end development techniques and strategies. Understand the subtle nuances inherent with both client- and server-side scripting, and thus can add value to any project in any area. Have been tasked with supervising and managing other developers during projects in the past, which has helped to develop strong leadership skills.
* Familiar with web design concepts that help optimize client-side scripting
* Keen eye for technical details that helps avoid errors during development and programming stages and assists in troubleshooting issues affecting website functionality following implementation
* Good listener who is able to effectively understand and analyze client requests
* Outstanding leadership skills that help keep team members focused and complete development and design projects on time
* Excellent communicator who is able to easily convey technical information to non-technical personnel
* Meet with clients along with members of firm’s leadership to assess their current online resources and develop a plan to expand upon those or create new sites based upon their wishes
* Receive assignments from project managers aimed at working on front-end design concepts or developing back-end functionality
* Provide advice and direction to team during development and then review and test applications or design elements prior to signing off on them
* Named full-stack developer in charge of supervising day-to-day workflow of all development teams for design project in early 2016 that produced site recognized by client as having generated 165 percent ROI
* Received client wish lists from management or contracting team and developed ideas on digital infrastructure needed to support it
* Worked closely with in-house web designer creating graphical depictions of site home pages and landing pages
* Developed site pages for over 65 clients during tenure
* Chosen as the dedicated front-end developer for site created for local dispatch service based on review of past work
Build My Resume
15 Tips for Writing Your Web Developer Resume
1. Identify the experience and soft skills you want to include in your summary statement before writing it. This ensures your statement will stay within the three lines allotted for it.
2. Structure your statement as a summary of your qualifications rather than one that objectifies your desire to find a new job.
3. Do not feel compelled to list why you may leave your current position.
4. Write in the first person perspective while eliminating pronouns just as you see has been done in the web developer resume template for Word.
1. Do not exceed eight bullet points in this section. Keep it brief by listing only those skills that apply to the position you are applying for.
2. Avoid using too much industry jargon when listing your skills, yet try to include the as many of the keywords and phrases associated with your industry as possible.
3. Do not get so in-depth in detailing your skills as to make it so a reader cannot recognize them by simply skimming over this section.
Work Experience Section
1. Cite your most current work experience first, and then list the rest chronologically.
2. List accomplishments along with your past job responsibilities, and include as many quantifiable details as possible so as to convey the actual impact they had.
3. Consult the web developer resume template for Word to get an idea of the space you have to work with. If it comes down to listing more recent experience as opposed to more relevant, always include that which is more relevant.
4. If you have listed multiple past employers for whom you worked for fewer than 12-18 months, list the reasons why you left.
5. If you are short on applicable experience, list those jobs that involved transferable skills like good communication or customer service.
1. Only list professional certifications after your scholastic education if you were certified through an associate’s degree program, just as has been done in the web developer resume template for Word.
2. Do not include coursework from an institution you did not graduate from.
3. Only include details about your high school education if they’re specifically asked for in a job listing.
It is often a temptation to include personal details in your resume. This is understandable given the emphasis employers place on hiring people who fit into their companies’ cultures. Yet it is much easier to convey your personality in person as opposed to in writing. Thus, reserve impressing an employer with your charm and wit for the interview, and stick to the sections shown in the web developer resume template for Word when completing your document. Doing so helps better ensure you are able to get an interview in the first place.