Build My Resume
E: bj.tucker@anymail P: 555-900-9000
Passionate web administrator with experience in managing websites for schools, politicians, and private companies. Dedicated to using digital media to accurately represent people and companies. Well-versed in common technological tools to create and update websites.
- •Extensive knowledge of SSL, HTTP, and SQL languages
•Can quickly learn new software
•Quality control analysis
•Skilled written and oral communicator
•Able to identify and solve complex problems
•Perform quality checks of new pages and content to ensure they match company voice.
•Manage team of three interns every summer.
•Stay up-to-date on technology advances that speed up server requests and overall user experience of website.
•Periodically update troubleshooting guide for use by non-technology divisions within company.
•Maintained contact with teachers to provide updates and check that their website is performing as expected.
•Wrote web guides for teachers who wanted to make their own websites and provided help as needed.
•Attended conferences on cloud data storage and other web techniques to make network connections and learn new technologies.
•Documented changes in an easy-to-read format that is still referenced.
•Researched and chose backup system that functioned with 50% better efficiency than previous one.
•Researched techniques for grabbing and holding attention in 40 characters or less.
•Attended weekly status meetings to discuss future campaigns and breaking news.
•Collected metrics to write monthly reports about retention and click-throughs.
•Provided technical support for team of volunteers and local candidates.
Build My Resume
15 Tips to Write Your Webmaster Resume
1. Your summary statement should be a quick pitch of your ability to do the job you are applying for, not an objective statement.
2. When expressing a long period of time, use “years of experience” or “years’ experience.”
3. Do not use third person in your summary. For example, say “created” instead of “creates.”
4. Use only three bullet points or sentences to keep your summary statement short and to the point.
5. Hiring managers look for key phrases that are typically in the job description. Search the description and use these keywords in this section exactly as they appear on the posting.
6. As in the webmaster resume template for Word above, list your skills as short bullets with no periods.
7. Keep the skills you include relevant. Being a great chef has little to do with being a skilled webmaster.
Work Experience Section
8. Start each bullet point with a strong action verb. In the above webmaster resume template for Word, notice that words like “managed,” “created,” and “reported” start the bullets.
9. Be consistent across all jobs when listing your dates of employment. Don’t use months on some jobs and only years on others.
10. When you use abbreviations, make sure they are common. For uncommon ones, write the long version with the abbreviation directly after so you can use it later on and be understood.
11. Wherever you can, list specific metrics such as sizes of the teams you oversaw to provide support for your accomplishments.
12. Mix in special achievements with your specific duties and responsibilities.
13. If you transferred credits from one or more schools, only list the school you received your degree from.
14. Do not list your GPA unless you are a recent graduate. However, do list any special status like laude, summa cum laude, etc.
15. Only list relevant education. Because the applicant creating the webmaster resume template for Word above has a master’s degree, there is no need to mention high school.
When your resume stands out among other applicants, a hiring manager is more likely to remember it and so you are more likely to receive an interview. While creating such a resume takes time, once done, you can feel confident in your improved job outlook. Take the time to reread your resume for errors and ask a trusted friend to do the same. With the above webmaster resume template for Word and the accompanying tips, you are well on your way to writing a professional and unique document.