Build My Resume
San Francisco, California 11111
E: email@example.com T: 555-555-5555
Experienced WordPress developer with ten years in the industry. Expert design and development skills, and practiced in building and maintaining applications and websites using various programming languages and technologies. Strong critical thinking and problem-solving abilities, and interpersonal and communication skills.
- • Knowledgeable in content management systems, including WordPress, Joomla!, and Drupal
• Database knowledge, specializing in MySQL
• Familiar with Git version control system
• Strong interpersonal skills
• High-level oral and written communication skills
• Critical thinking, analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills
• Good judgment and solid decision-making abilities
• Create WordPress websites and develop templates.
• Integrate websites with internal and third-party APIs.
• Build Bootstrap-based responsive and mobile-friendly layouts from Adobe Photoshop files.
• Set up WordPress system administration, particularly staging and production environments and security functions.
• Maintain codebases, run code reviews, and handle bug fixes, enhancements, and maintenance.
• Work with design, digital marketing, and SEO teams on website strategies and implementations.
• Use coding standards, best practices, and agile software development methodologies.
• Modified existing code as needed.
• Developed WordPress themes and plugins.
• Wrote and presented technical proposals to clients.
• Monitored website traffic and performance.
• Supported network applications.
• Executed standards for user interfaces, page design, and graphics creation.
• Collaborated with QA department on application testing plans.
• Updated and maintained HTML and CSS templates.
• Helped in planning and implementing online electronic commerce applications.
• Designed and built layout for various websites.
• Worked with management and development teams to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, and implement solutions.
• Backed up website files for recovery purposes.
• Developed test routines, tested applications, and corrected problems.
• Communicated with network personnel to address hardware and software issues affecting websites.
Build My Resume
15 Tips to Write Your WordPress Developer Resume
1. Summary statements are favored over objective statements, unless you are changing careers or seeking either an entry-level or higher position.
2. State the number of years of experience you have in the section, but make sure you use phrase it either as “years’ experience” or “years of experience,” not “years experience,” as used in the WordPress developer resume template for Word.
3. Stick to a concise three sentences or bullet points, and do not use write in whole sentences; instead, use sentence fragments.
4. Write in the first person, not in third person, but leave out the pronouns.
5. Use precise keywords and phrases pulled from the job description throughout your resume, particularly in this section, where they will have the most impact.
6. Short phrases are preferable to long sentences, but in any case, do not use periods at the end.
7. List the relevant skills for the position, such as technical skills such as HTML or CSS, and any common certifications for the industry.
Work Experience Section
8. List your work history, starting with your current or most recent position and then adding the rest in reverse chronological order.
9. Begin every bullet point with a compelling action verb, and use no fewer than five bullet points and no more than eight for each position.
10. Show the dates of employment for every position, either using the year only or both the year and the month, as indicated in the WordPress developer resume template for Word.
11. Write in the present tense for current positions and past tense for previous positions.
12. Include metrics to highlight your professional achievements wherever you can.
13. Show Greek honors from your university, such as summa cum laude, magna cum laude, or cum laude, in your education entries. Do not include GPAs unless you are a recent college graduate. The WordPress developer resume template for Word gives an example of how to display this.
14. Start with your most recent education and list the rest in reverse order.
15. Leave off your high school info and other irrelevant education, unless the job posting specifically requests it.
Writing a resume may appear to be a fearful and daunting task, but even with increased use of portfolios, these documents are still required to present yourself and your accomplishments. Grab the attention of the hiring managers at prospective employers by using keywords and phrases, including effective active verbs, exhibiting your abilities, and presenting your skills. Each section of your resume should feature your strengths. If you are aware of these strategies and use them to your best advantage, you should get closer to getting interviews and job offers.