Build My Resume
Minneapolis, MN 11111
E: email@example.com T: 555-555-0394
Analytic aircraft inspector with wide-ranging experience working on corporate and commercial jets. Exacting eye for detail and conscientious approach to troubleshooting and repairs, including procuring parts as needed. Committed to passenger safety and problem prevention through accurately performed proper maintenance.
• Accurate in maintaining repair records
• Precise and dexterous with tools and parts
• Experienced at ordering and sourcing parts
• Able to inspect and troubleshoot to locate source of problem
• Familiar with WinAir, RAAS, and MX System aircraft maintenance software
• Conduct pre-flight aircraft inspections to ensure airworthiness based on FAA Airworthiness Directives.
• Procure necessary parts and materials and use tracking software to monitor orders.
• Prepare annual maintenance budget for company’s management team.
• Perform regular maintenance inspections to ensure reliability and compliance with industry-wide and company standards.
• Train mechanics on correct procedures in terms of quality standards and best practices.
• Source vendors and service providers and periodically review pricing and performance.
• Troubleshot, serviced, repaired and maintained aircraft engines and airframes.
• Interpreted technical manuals, blueprints, schematics, and engineering drawings.
• Used scheduling software to book appointments and schedule meetings.
• Followed all required safety programs, including OSHA and EPA guidelines.
• Ensured a safe and clean work environment, reducing safety incidents by 30% in first year.
• Operated all necessary ground equipment for servicing aircraft.
• Executed repairs on aircraft engines and airframes.
• Performed routine maintenance and service tasks on aircraft.
• Operated ground equipment to perform repair work.
• Kept accurate logs and records of repairs and service.
Build My Resume
15 Tips To Write Your Aircraft Mechanic Resume
1. In this section the goal is to show the hiring manager briefly how your overall skill set matches with the position. It’s not necessary to state your objective of getting a job but rather to highlight your main areas of expertise.
2. In this brief introduction to your resume, you can use incomplete sentences to explain your skills and experience, but finish them off with a period.
3. It’s best to keep the summary statement limited to three sentences or three bullet points. In our aircraft mechanic resume template for Word, the jobseeker packs a lot of information into just three sentences.
4. Use first-person wording rather than third-person, but omit the pronoun “I”.
5. This section is a broad overview of your skills and as such should focus on three or four main areas of expertise.
6. It’s essential to list skills that directly relate to the job you’re looking for. In the aircraft mechanic resume template for Word, the candidate specifically listed software programs used in the aviation maintenance industry to show how his skills match job requirements.
7. This section should be a bulleted list without periods, and can include as few as three skills and as many as eight.
Work Experience Section
8. Work experience should always be listed with your current or most recent position first, using present-tense verbs to describe tasks and responsibilities.
9. Incorporate numerical examples of the results and achievements you’ve brought to your jobs.
10. Seek out synonyms for similar experiences so your resume doesn’t sound repetitive.
11. Don’t assume the hiring manager understands any acronyms you may use. Spell them out the first time you use them.
12. Each position should list at least five bullet points describing specific duties, tasks, and accomplishments. Begin every point with a strong action verb.
13. This section should also list your most recent degree, coursework, or certification, and then work backwards chronologically.
14. If you are currently completing coursework or training, you can list it here and specify in the dates section “in progress” or “anticipated graduation 20XX”.
15. Include relevant certifications and professional affiliations. In the aircraft mechanic resume template for Word, the jobseeker lists his FAA certification.
If you have a professional and well-written resume, you’re already ahead of the competition when it comes to moving forward in the hiring process. Crafting a resume that showcases your skills and experiences in the best light will help you stand out to hiring managers. By consulting this aircraft mechanic resume template for Word, you have a solid example that you can use to draft your own resume. With these tips and example, you’re ready to make a great first impression with your job application.