As an information technology professional, you may be facing fierce competition while trying to find a lucrative career opportunity. Anything that gives you a leg up is vital, and your first step is creating a winning resume that commands notice from hiring managers. Put our IT manager resume template for Word to use in writing your own version, and refer to our instructions and tips for crafting great content that effectively markets you as a candidate. Additionally, we give you helpful advice on how to format your summary statement, skills, work experience, and education sections.
Build Your Resume
Lexington, GA, 11111
E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 706-555-1234
Results-focused IT manager with experience in strategically administering staff and resources to achieve cost-effectiveness and high levels of service. Expertise in delivering technological solutions that meet organizational needs while coping with budgetary challenges. Proficient in resource and labor procurement, training and coaching employees, systems implementation and migration, and supporting technology-rich environments.
College Management Software: Populi, CollegeSAAS
Network Technologies: Windows Server, Azure, SQL Server, VPN, WAN, VOIP
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/XP/7/8/10, MacOS X, UNIX
Skilled in vendor management and strategic problem solving
Effective team leader with strong written and oral communication skills
Train and coach help desk agents, deskside support personnel, and network administrators.
Set service goals and ETAs for problem resolution of technical issues of varying levels, from minor client inconveniences to major campus-wide outages.
Create annual budget for equipment, staff hires, service subscriptions, training, and other resources.
Plan and execute technology upgrades for end users, classrooms, and campus offices.
Developed first call resolution training initiative that boosted the teams average FCR rates to over 87 percent.
Improved customer satisfaction ratings to 92 percent for three consecutive years.
Hired and trained additional desktop support staff, which resulted in 90 percent of trouble tickets resolved within expected service level timelines.
Planned and implemented LogMeIn rollout to workstations across campus.
Received and prioritized installation requests and trouble tickets from instructors, learners, and staff members.
Configured and deployed workstations for use in school facilities.
Installed hardware, software, printers, and peripherals on systems across campus.
Engaged in diagnosis and troubleshooting to fix hardware, software, and network problems.
15 Tips to Write Your IT Manager Resume
1. The summary statement is a useful opportunity to begin marketing your skills, so take advantage of it. When writing this section, its helpful to conceive of it as a quick yet compelling pitch to show recruiters why they should give you a second look.
2. Since hiring managers will likely skim this section first to decide whether to keep reading, try to keep your summary short. Aim for no more than three sentences or bullet points.
3. As our example jobseeker did above in the IT manager resume template for Word, its wise to include both skillsets and personality traits that are considered assets to professionals in your position.
4. If you opt to reveal how long youve been in your field, use the phrases years of experience or years experience. Do not use years experience.
5. As the jobseeker did in the above IT manager resume template for Word, tech workers should make sure to include hardware, software, systems, and other technical skills in this section.
6. List your abilities in the form of short phrases, with no periods at the end.
7. If any of your skills match industry-relevant keywords, be sure to add these in this section.
Work Experience Section
8. List your work experience in reverse chronological order, sticking to jobs youve held within the last 10 to 15 years.
9. Include your job responsibilities and major achievements as a list of bullet points for each position.
10. Dont forget to call attention to leadership responsibilities and include quantifiable metrics whenever possible.
11. Keep your descriptions and language interesting. Try to begin each bulleted statement with an action verb, and count on your handy thesaurus for help in varying your word choices.
12. Use present tense verbs for your current job duties and past tense for your prior positions.
13. List degrees and coursework in reverse chronological order.
14. Make sure you mention relevant professional certifications and training along with any degrees youve earned.
15. As shown in the IT manager resume template for Word, you may add expected graduation or similar wording for schooling or training currently in progress.
We hope this IT manager resume template for Word assists you with valuable tips, information, and advice while youre crafting your own version. It will take some time and effort to polish your final draft, but its crucial to make sure your document is flawless and ready to sell you as a candidate. Each section gives you additional chances to emphasize your skills and experience and convince recruiters of your viability as a job candidate. Creating a dynamic, impressive resume puts you one step closer to achieving your career goals.