Build My Resume
Aberdeen, South Dakota 11111
E: arlo.hofstadter@anymail T: 555-605-9988
Dedicated agriculture professional experienced in planting and harvesting crops. Managed farming teams both large and small. Teambuilder able to meet complex goals and work in all weather conditions common to area.
- * Strong verbal communication skills
* Familiar with BCL Landview Systems WinCrop and GPS software
* Solve complex problems through critical thinking
* Motivational leader
* Good coordination and time management skills
* Technical knowledge of farming equipment, such as tractors and irrigation systems
* Strong negotiation skills
* Oversee 25 farm workers and hired hands; create work schedules to ensure all tasks are completed on time.
* Prepare financial reports for the farm to give owner a clear understanding of cash flow.
* Test environmentally-friendly pesticides and insecticides so the farm can eventually stop using potentially harmful chemicals.
* Purchase necessary equipment and supplies, so the farm can run smoothly during every stage of the season.
* Operated tractors and other machinery to plow, fertilize, plant, cultivate, and harvest crops.
* Applied herbicides, fertilizers, and pesticides to crops to ensure a bountiful harvest was available at the end of the season.
* Kept detailed records about the pesticide use, yields, and cost for each crop on the farm.
* Supervised four hired hands; trained them on normal farm tasks, assigned projects, and made sure they stayed busy.
* Performed routine maintenance on farm trucks and machinery; took equipment to farm equipment mechanics whenever a problem needed to be addressed.
* Made repairs to fences and buildings on the property to allow for smooth operations.
* Loaded harvested crops into storage facilities and transportation trucks to prepare the yield for sale.
* Drove full grain trucks to granaries to sell product; traveled over 200 miles annually.
Build My Resume
15 Tips to Write Your Agriculture Resume
1. If you want to talk about your experience, write “years’ experience” or “years of experience” rather than “years experience.”
2. Use first person throughout this section and the rest of your resume, as was done in the agriculture resume template for Word. You Don’t have to use pronouns.
3. it’s okay to write in fragmented sentences. However, you should still use periods.
4. Keep the statement as short as you can. Even though you have a lot of information, try not to exceed three sentences or bullet points.
1. Include at least seven points; keep each point short.
2. Use keywords throughout your resume. You can find job-specific phrases by searching the job description and copying sought-after skills word-for-word.
3. Always make sure your skills are pertinent to the job at hand. For an agriculture position, you probably Don’t need to highlight your beatboxing skills.
Work Experience Section
1. Keep your experience relevant. Usually, you only have to include the last 15 to 20 years of experience at the most.
2. Include as many numbers as you can. Think about how many people you manage, how much money you saved a company, or how many special projects you completed.
3. Write five to eight bullet points for each job. Remember to focus on accomplishments as well as day-to-day responsibilities.
4. Use strong action verbs. Look at the agriculture resume template for Word to see how powerful verbs can make your experience.
5. Avoid repeating the same phrases. Whether you repeat “Responsible for” or use the same action verb, both can make your experiences seem dull.
1. Do not include your high school education unless you have no college experience. High school education is redundant and often irrelevant.
2. List any impressive organizational involvements you had in college. The agriculture resume template for Word also shows how you can list educational achievements, such as graduating summa cum laude.
3. Recent grads should always include the dates of graduation. If it has been over 10 years since you have graduated, you may omit the dates.
If you really want to catch the attention of a hiring manager, you need to craft a standout resume that is easy to read and informative. Tailoring your document to the specific job you are applying to can make it easier for you to include skills and accomplishments that will really wow the employer. Now that you have the helpful agriculture resume template for Word and writing tips at your disposal, it will be easier for you to create an engaging, professional document and land a job interview.