- Does the job-seeker understand what I am looking for?
- Does the job-seeker make a clear logical connection between the job-seeker’s experience and the job requirements?
— Jenson Crawford, director of engineering, Fetch Technologies, El Segundo, CA
I like a simple three-paragraph letter:
- First paragraph is who you are and what position you are applying for.
- Second paragraph gives me a sense of why you are qualified for the opportunity
- Third paragraph says you will be following up with me.
— David Shelton, vice president for operations for Medical Advocacy Services for Healthcare (The MASH Program), Fort Worth, TX See all the parts of the white paper/Cover Letter Reboot package: Cover Letter Wish List: Hiring Decision-Makers Reveal What They Want to See in Cover Letters, Hiring Decision-Makers Cite Top Cover-Letter Mistakes that Disqualify Job-Seekers, and Cover Letters That Wowed: Hiring Decision-Makers Describe Winning Cover Letters.