- write one or two sentences to introduce the purpose of your contact;
- write a second paragraph to highlight your relevant skills and work experience;
- write a third paragraph to outline academic credentials and relevant certifications;
- write a quick paragraph outlining salary requirements (include such a paragraph only in response to a querying employer, of course); and lastly …
- write a closing paragraph that reminds the reader how to reach you.
This tip is excerpted with permission from Designing a Cover Letter to “Wow” Hiring Personnel, an e-book by Teena Rose. For more cover-letter tips, visit Teena’s Bookstore to download your copy for $27.77. You can also download a free 19-page excerpt.