- Get rid your professional looking portrait (Who cares what you look like. Many hiring managers or recruiters make stupid assumptions about your looks anyway). [Editor’s note: In fact, many hiring decision-makers fear being charged with discrimination if they review a resume with a photo on it, so they will tear it off or black it out.]
- Get rid of two-tone colors.
- Get rid of the frames around your text.
- Use BOLD company names and the dates you were employed there.
- List the company name and show in one short sentence about what industry it’s in, what your company manufactures, sells, or offers as a service.
- Do not ramble! Get right to the point. Recruiters get quickly tired of trying to find information that indicates your qualifications. Honestly, I do as well