When we are finished, you will have a website with a custom URL and an online “home” to let employers or customers know what you offer.Having a website (for example, YourName.com), helps you control what Google knows about you.
YOUR SITE WILL:
- Link you to a community of colleagues, experts and potential mentors.
- Provide opportunities to expand your network, instigate two-way communication and meet new people from around the world.
- Help you further define your message and potentially become known as a subject matter expert.
- Serve as a 3-D portfolio of your work.
- Influence how Google and other search engines index your name, and therefore what people find when they search for you.
– A biography/About page
– Work samples
– Your resume
– Career highlights
– Links to your other social networks, such as LinkedIn and professional Twitter and Facebook profiles
– Technical competencies
– Press/Media Mentions/Speaking events
– Case studies/consulting
– Copies of newsletters
– News and events
– Volunteer projects
– A demo reel, art portfolio. (If you are an artist, you might consider links to Flickr or other portfolios of your work online.)
– Professional photos of you (speaking, working, consulting)
– Associations and professional club memberships
– A blog site that serves as your social media hub and social resume may also include multi-media options, including professional YouTube videos and audio you create.The cost for those who have all materials (About page/bio, resume, etc.), already written and plan to use one of the templates is $350. If you need to hire Social Resume Spot to create content, the company can provide a quote based on your needs. See samples.